Getting Samsung Pay to work on Wearables

ECHLN

As you may know, Samsung Pay just released on wearables for South Africa but many people are having issues getting it to work because a couple of weeks ago, Samsung Pay (Watch plug in) installed in most of our Galaxy Wearable apps. This version of it wasn't native to South Africa but there is a fix. Go into Samsung Pay and update before you begin. There is a new update for you.

1). Make sure the Galaxy Wearable app is closed
2). Open Settings > Apps > Click "Samsung Pay (Watch plug in) > Uninstall
3). Open Galaxy Wearable app
4). Samsung Pay (Watch plug in) will download itself again. This is normal.
5). When the download is done, you'll see the Samsung Pay app install on your watch.
6). Open Samsung Pay in the Galaxy Wearable app or on your watch
7). Enjoy

Akasha

Executive Member
This is only for the newer stuff right? Like a gear 2 pro won't work?

simonbee

i have a galaxy smart watch which I purchased from the USA. I have uninstalled the Samsung Pay (Watch plug in) app on my phone and have reinstalled it. when I enter my credit card info on the phone for the app, it wants a 5 digit postcode (American?). I have tried inputting one at random and it rejects. I am trying to link a Discovery credit card. I don't know if Discovery is not supported or if it's the app. Can anyone throw some light on the subject for me? Many thanks

corwill

As you may know, Samsung Pay just released on wearables for South Africa but many people are having issues getting it to work because a couple of weeks ago, Samsung Pay (Watch plug in) installed in most of our Galaxy Wearable apps. This version of it wasn't native to South Africa but there is a fix. Go into Samsung Pay and update before you begin. There is a new update for you.

1). Make sure the Galaxy Wearable app is closed
2). Open Settings > Apps > Click "Samsung Pay (Watch plug in) > Uninstall
3). Open Galaxy Wearable app
4). Samsung Pay (Watch plug in) will download itself again. This is normal.
5). When the download is done, you'll see the Samsung Pay app install on your watch.
6). Open Samsung Pay in the Galaxy Wearable app or on your watch
7). Enjoy
Thanks for the above " pointers"
I must have installed/uninstalled plug in
about 10 x times.
Gave up.!
Went for my morning run
(Had my watch with me)
Afterwards, looked at my Gear S3,
Samsung Pay was installed on watch.!
(Working.)

ECHLN

i have a galaxy smart watch which I purchased from the USA. I have uninstalled the Samsung Pay (Watch plug in) app on my phone and have reinstalled it. when I enter my credit card info on the phone for the app, it wants a 5 digit postcode (American?). I have tried inputting one at random and it rejects. I am trying to link a Discovery credit card. I don't know if Discovery is not supported or if it's the app. Can anyone throw some light on the subject for me? Many thanks
It won't work because it's an American watch. There is a way to change the region but go to xda forums for more information.

ECHLN

Thanks for the above " pointers"
I must have installed/uninstalled plug in
about 10 x times.
Gave up.!
Went for my morning run
(Had my watch with me)
Afterwards, looked at my Gear S3,
Samsung Pay was installed on watch.!
(Working.)
Nice! Enjoy.

Puri

Not working for me...Appeared as an option on my gear app but not on watch. Freezes on preparing screen when selected on gear app.

ECHLN

Not working for me...Appeared as an option on my gear app but not on watch. Freezes on preparing screen when selected on gear app.
Clear cache on your watch.

corwill

What model and watch do you have Gear S3 (SM-R760) or latest Galaxy Watch ?
I have the Gear S3 (SM-R760)
After initially struggling to install /uninstall, clearing cache etc, the updated " plug in" (about x 10 times,) i left it and somehow
it installed.
Samsung Pay on my S3 watch, is now working fine.
So according to me it should work on above
Gear model ?

A few questions.
Do you have Samsung Pay, working on your
phone? (I'm not sure if Samsung Pay works
independently or is indirectly dependant from Samsung Pay app on phone.?
Did you freeze /disable any apps that's indirectly causing errors, on watch. (Package Disabler Pro etc)
Good luck.

Screenshot_20181217-110431_Samsung%20Pay%20(Watch%20plug-in).jpeg

Attachments

signates

Executive Member
I ended up just reseting my gear as the uninstall did not work.

It's working now but not been able to test it as I do not have a supported card. Hoping fnb is supported on Samsung Pay soon.

droidx

Expert Member
I ended up just reseting my gear as the uninstall did not work.

It's working now but not been able to test it as I do not have a supported card. Hoping fnb is supported on Samsung Pay soon.
Mine seems to work, but don't have a supported card to test it with yet.
I see that they have only activated NFC functionality in the watch.
Am I mistaken in thinking that the Gear S3 does have MST capability?

signates

Executive Member
Mine seems to work, but don't have a supported card to test it with yet.
I see that they have only activated NFC functionality in the watch.
Am I mistaken in thinking that the Gear S3 does have MST capability?
I also read that the S3 has MST. Mine only has NFC activated.

corwill

Dee96

Do I need a samsung phone for this to work or will it work if I link my Gear S3 to my Redmi note 4?

ECHLN

Do I need a samsung phone for this to work or will it work if I link my Gear S3 to my Redmi note 4?
Most probably. If the Samsung Pay icon doesn't show up in the Galaxy Wearable app then you are out of luck.

isie

Honorary Master
New banks will be supported soon so hang tight!
Started using it on my Galaxy watch with a nokia phone - works well - though only works on NFC machines (AKA tap and go) takes a bit of getting used to figure where to put the watch on different machines (most it's the right side at the top or so) on some machines they put mount them in a way that takes a bit of a twist of the hand and wrist to get with the watch on your left wrist to scan (might even be an issue for those that wear it on the right)

if samsung can activate it on the older S2 and nedbank signs up can set it up for my wife as well