Gmail to Excel

wobbie

Is there an easy way to automatically export/track emails from a folder to Excel, mapping fields such as From..
Basically, a client fills out a form on a site/blog with contact details, name, email address, number, & I would like to track that in a spreadsheet.

Any ideas?

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
You can do that with Google Forms. You can link it to a spreadsheet.

wobbie

Thanks so much for the help. :)
Working perfectly.
Next thing for me to do is to work out how to send an automated response to that email sent.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Thanks so much for the help. :)
Working perfectly.
Next thing for me to do is to work out how to send an automated response to that email sent.
Well the form can email itself to the person who filled it in - showing what was captured. I wonder if Google has something similar to Power Automate ?

wobbie

Yip, I checked out the response, I don't think it can be customised, such as.. 'Thanks for your response, here is a free ...'

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Yip, I checked out the response, I don't think it can be customised, such as.. 'Thanks for your response, here is a free ...'
You can write scripts perhaps. That is one area of sheets I haven't gone into yet.
Or perhaps create a bot ? I have started playing around with them and they don't look too difficult.
Perhaps you can have an email sent to you and have a rule activate on receipt ? I know that seems a little round about = but then you could add these addresses to your contact lists.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Formemailer

FormEmailer is a Google Apps Script for Google Forms and Spreadsheets.
With it you're able to easily set up flexible e-mail merge in your spreadsheets and automatic emailing to your forms.

Last edited:

wobbie

Thanks for all the help.. Plenty to play with.. Methinks I'm actually over-analysing what I really want....