Google blocking KAT

AntiGanda

Banned
Looks like Google is blocking KAT.cr on all browsers. The site doesn't load at all, even if bookmarked.

You have to search for it, click on it then accept the warnings.

It really annoys me that Google has so much control over the Internet! :mad:

Current status:
Dangerous

kat.cr contains harmful programs.

kat.jpg

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
I have it bookmarked in Chrome.

I get this message every now and then:

The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on kat.cr might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).

Google Safe Browsing recently found harmful programs on kat.cr.

If you understand the risks to your security, you may visit this site before the harmful programs have been removed.
It usually goes away after a couple days.

Barely use KAT anyway so it isn't too much of a problem.

MickeyD

RIP
iirc there was a notice about an advert on KAT that was causing the problem. They took it down and it was okay for a day or so but then the issue re-surfaced on Tuesday night.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Looks like Google is blocking KAT.cr on all browsers. The site doesn't load at all, even if bookmarked.
How are they blocking it on all browsers? Chrome I can understand but all of the others?

AntiGanda

Banned
How are they blocking it on all browsers? Chrome I can understand but all of the others?
That's what is being reported.

I know Firefox is affected. It just doesn't go the the site if you type it in - zero messages or warnings.

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
That's the granddaddy. KAT is organised a little differently. I tend to swap between KAT, tpb and EZTV.
Try out RARBG. They are my favourite right now, no one else comes close. Their filter options are awesome.

They took over the reigns from PublicHD and have been doing a good job since.

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
BTW, if if you're getting the red "The site ahead contains harmful programs" screen tryna go onto KAT, you can bypass it.

Click on "details" then "visit this site".

KAT.jpg

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Simpler solution - in Firefox just go options > security settings > uncheck 'block reported attack sites'.

ActivateD

Expert Member
Simpler solution - in Firefox just go options > security settings > uncheck 'block reported attack sites'.
That is what I did. In addition to that I run Ublock and NoScript when I visit these sites just to be "safe".

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
KAT works fine for me, in Chrome. Never had a problem with TPB either, except for the months it was actually non-existent.