Google Dream cell phone

Vegeta

Executive Member
I'm sure once Android is out we can get cooked roms for our other HTC phones like the tytn :)
No more windows mobile!!!!! FTW!!

Keeper

Honorary Master
The phone is a great idea but when are we gonna see Google Snacks?
Google serial would also be cool - floating G's,O's, L's and E's in all colours of the rainbow, which turns your milk in a Suerage green color if you leave it too long.
excellent!

SlyFly

Expert Member
Looking around some people say that the Google Android Dream phone will be a HTC Dream with Android phone...

I must say the phone looks fugly...

Vegeta

Executive Member
Looking around some people say that the Google Android Dream phone will be a HTC Dream with Android phone...

I must say the phone looks fugly...
The phone is totally irralevant. Android is an open-source OS for any pda type phone thats whats so cool... cant wait to install it on my tytn *drool

SlyFly

Expert Member
So you can "flash" you TyTn2 with Google Android and replace Windows Mobile?

Yes but in this case it is marketed as a GOOGLE phone, Windows phones arent marketed as Microsoft phones... This is suppose to be the Google Dream?

Vegeta

Executive Member
So you can "flash" you TyTn2 with Google Android and replace Windows Mobile?

Yes but in this case it is marketed as a GOOGLE phone, Windows phones arent marketed as Microsoft phones... This is suppose to be the Google Dream?
Its as much a "GOOGLE" phone as an HTC is an "IMATE", "T-MOBLE", "ORANGE", O2

Just a rebrand, its marketed as whatever brand, who cares

<moLe>

Expert Member
Ha HTC..haha. seriously no thank you..can keep your brick sized phones, with 4hrs talk time and an uncomfortably squeesed in qwerty..no.. I'll stick to my e51 with its stable yet efficient symbian operating system. oh and did i mention I get like 900 times the battery life i ****ers get with your htc's? with the convenience of it fitting into my pocket snugly.

Vegeta

Executive Member
Ha HTC..haha. seriously no thank you..can keep your brick sized phones, with 4hrs talk time and an uncomfortably squeesed in qwerty..no.. I'll stick to my e51 with its stable yet efficient symbian operating system. oh and did i mention I get like 900 times the battery life i ****ers get with your htc's? with the convenience of it fitting into my pocket snugly.
Fine but it has nothing to do with the phone, it's the OS ie windows mobile that is eating away at the battery. Also can you touch your screen? No? Is the screen big enough to watch that Divx movie you downloaded from the net? No? Whats the cpu speed on ur symbian device? How bout resolution? crappy? :rolleyes: Sorry to hear man:D

You can also install Andriod once its released if you like... dont be sad :(
EDIT: Btw that e51 of yours is inferior to the HTC devices in every specification available, screen size&touch, cpu, ram, resolution, keypad, lack of gps... The HTC devices out-spec your e51 at every level why compare the two? Makes no sence to me

Last edited:
For HTC Google Phone Is a Dream

Now that the iPhone 3G is out, it is time to obsess about the next eagerly awaited device, the Google Phone. Now we know that Google isn’t building a device of its own (that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t), but it is much cooler to call it a Google Phone than say Android, which has a certain dweeb ring to it.
-----------
albertjames
buzz marketing

kingmonty

Expert Member
Its as much a "GOOGLE" phone as an HTC is an "IMATE", "T-MOBLE", "ORANGE", O2

Just a rebrand, its marketed as whatever brand, who cares
Ahhh, but that's the point - who cares... Google cares - because the bigger their brand, the bigger their dominance.

Maverick_Nick

I think the idea that Windows Mobile drains the battery life is invalid as I have a Motorola Q9h, and I get a good three days on a single charge - that's with like 10 calls per day, email synching, etc. From my experience I'd have to put the battery usage down to the hardware manufacturer.

I'm expecting that the Google Dream will be as much of a let down as Chrome. I'd rather hold out for Windows Mobile 7... from what I've seen thus far, it's going to be the best mobile OS.

At the end of the day the main factor is the applications - Microsoft will win in that area every single time. However, I don't expect smartphones to take off in South Africa as quickly as the rest of the world, as we live in a close-minded Nokia nation.