Google Home adaptor

CdeB96

So, I'm probably being lazy by posting to ask rather than looking for the answer myself but if I need an adaptor I want to order it asap....

I saw that Takealot has the Google Home Mini for R665 today. I ordered it almost immediately and it'll be at a locker early next week BUT I just started watching an unbox video and I realised that I will probably need an international power adaptor......

If anyone has maybe purchased the parallel import Google Home Mini off Takealot, could you tell me what adaptor I will need? Or does it have a two part plug where I can plug a USB cable into one of my existing adaptors?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Just get a multi purpose adapter that takes euro and US plugs and you will be sorted

Jake45

Expert Member
I think you are looking for a round to flat adapter like this one from Mantech. Just make sure that you purchase one with triangular corners if you are planning to use it in a Euro type adapter such as the Lenco Euromate adapter. My local Mica has both adapters athough the round to flat adapter is of a lower quality than the one from Mantech.

Takealot also have a few different types but they are quite expensive.

This is the square type which I would avoid if possible as it won't fit in most adapters.

Last edited:

Jake45

Expert Member
@CdeB96: This OEM version of the Google Home Mini appears to sell for R549 if that's of any interest. You better check whether the OEM versions come with power supplies as the OEM Chromecast that I bought recently did not!