Google Images changes up its interface

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Google Images changes up its interface

Google has overhauled its Images interface for desktop, adding a side panel and overhauling the search results to aid in purchasing decision.

The new interface aims to make it easier for users to compare related pictures.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
On one hand, it's quite nice having the selected image appear on the side, leaving you free to continue scrolling without needing to close an enlarged image first.

But on the other hand, the images are much smaller and harder to examine properly. Which rather diminishes an image searching utility.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
On one hand, it's quite nice having the selected image appear on the side, leaving you free to continue scrolling without needing to close an enlarged image first.

But on the other hand, the images are much smaller and harder to examine properly. Which rather diminishes an image searching utility.
Just right click and open image in a new tab.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I do it all the time. Sometimes Google takes ages to properly load an image.
If you open a new tab for an image in Google Images before its finished loading the full-res version, you usually get the thumbnail in the new tab.

Hunted

J/K ... Hmmm Nou kan jy na die mooi meisie kyk in Full res aan die een kant tot jy ñ ander een kry terwyl af scroll. Win Win.

Swa

Honorary Master
It's harder for me to use and confusing when things switch up. There's also no improvement and it seems to be more about aiding google in delivering commercial results. The ability to search for different sized images is still gone so you still have to right click "search for image" in a new tab after waiting for the image to load.

adrianx

Expert Member
The new interface doesn't seem to be responsive when resizing the browser. Not a big problem, I just find it a little strange.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
I didn't notice any changes, until I saw this thread.

I like the the enlarged pictures on the side :thumbsup: Much easier to navigate through images now