Gordon's Bay winds + WISP = Packet Loss

BrinkJ

Hi All,

We've been having our Good Old Friend, the South Easter [how does one exclamate this even more?], blowing everything apart for the past two weeks now, with winds touching 92km/h at times. This is causing HAVOC on two of my uplinks to WISPS in the area. Eventhough we have DSL fail-overs in place, once the winds pick up, the fail-overs don't have enough time to jump between a rocking antenna, and a rotten copper cable.

What's the best method to fix pilot wires or something to the monopole against the walls? How does one spec this?

On a side note - We've started to learn to talk gibberish with the DSTv signals blowing away. :D

TIA

portcullis

Cape Connect Internet Rep
Company Rep
None of our clients in Gordon's Bay are complaining about this.

I suppose it all depends on how the install is done.

We double bracket everything in GB. After all, that is there the wind is born. We then use chemical mortar to secure the brackets to the walls.

Go and have a look at our mast on the boat club if you need inspiration.

BrinkJ

None of our clients in Gordon's Bay are complaining about this.

I suppose it all depends on how the install is done.

We double bracket everything in GB. After all, that is there the wind is born. We then use chemical mortar to secure the brackets to the walls.

Go and have a look at our mast on the boat club if you need inspiration.
Will do so, thanks! GB Boat Club or at Harbour Island?

We're used to it ;)
True that. Born in this wind and raised by it.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I got to make one South Efrican and three Namibian Braai;s in that there wind of yours ... about two weeks ago....... it also destroyed my camping tent two years back......

My uncle from Scotland and I were walking from Just outside Harbour Island down the main road to get a toot or two..... and he almost blew away, I caught him..... he is a world traveller and was impressed with the big wind!