• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Gordons Bay Wireless Internet

Keno

Good Day Forum members of the Helderberg Basin.

Does anybody know,or have had any reports, on the quality of Gordons Bay Wireless Internet.
If you have, please post, as I have decided to move on, from Telkom after 25 years of incompetence.
Gordons Bay Wireless, are offering a good deal on their Wi Fi.
Please post, as I want to send in my docs to Telkom before months end.

portcullis

Cape Connect Internet Rep
Company Rep
Depending on where you are, us, GBay / Jenny or GB Security should be able to provide you with service.

There is quite a bit of interference, but as a rule, if you go with one of the reputable companies, you should be fine.

Keno

Thank you for the reply, CC have been to my site but LOS is not achievable due to some massive pines.

beans100

Executive Member
Try Breedenet, I believe they also have coverage there. Their prices seems better and they're really good. I'm with them for a few years now, with zero issues.

Lino

I am back
Share Tweet
Download
3.72Mb/s
Upload
0.98Mb/s
Ping8 ms
Rating4/5 Stars
ISP 3/5 Stars
GREEN FLASH TRADING
Server
CAPE TOWN
Pretty much the exact same setup here since I moved to GB. Also on GB Security 4mb and decent performance. DNS resolution on their end is a bit slow but using another DNS server fixes that.

Wonder if I should upgrade my links speed or look at getting a second line installed with another provider?

Keno

Zero shaping at those hours , sometimes in clocks more 4Mbp/s on d/load .
The normal shaping during office hours, is more than acceptable.

Lino

I am back
Zero shaping at those hours , sometimes in clocks more 4Mbp/s on d/load .
The normal shaping during office hours, is more than acceptable.
I've now logged a ticket as either my link is congested, being shaped to death or some equipment is failing!
Waits back to see the feedback.

Lino

I am back
I've now logged a ticket as either my link is congested, being shaped to death or some equipment is failing!
Waits back to see the feedback.
Follow up!

I have now installed Jenny Internet through Gordons Bay Wireless.
Will monitor it for the next few weeks.

Lino

I am back
What do they charge?
Do not use Jenny. I have had even worse service from them than Gordon’s Bay security. Jenny don’t even bother to respond to calls logged and no amount of escalations or calls results in assistance. I’ve paid almost 4K for absolutely nothing.

I’ve decided to go back to congested ADSL as it works better than WISPs in my area

Nod

Executive Member
I've been with Vinet for the past few years. Had no major issue. Outages are normally caused by power outages and vandalism.
I'm moving now, so will have to sell off my Ubiquiti Powerbeam that I have been using.