graphics card help

flashfire208

Hi guys

Plugged in a nvidia 8600 today and while the system recognises it while its booting in Post , once it goes into windows the system no longer recognises there is a card in the slot, yet the monitor is plugged into the card and displaying windows :confused:? And its NOT a driver issue , i eliminated that possibility.

I plugged my old 6200 in and that works just fine, So any idea's ?

scotty777

...doesn't know
Hi guys

Plugged in a nvidia 8600 today and while the system recognises it while its booting in Post , once it goes into windows the system no longer recognises there is a card in the slot, yet the monitor is plugged into the card and displaying windows :confused:? And its NOT a driver issue , i eliminated that possibility.

faulty card perhaps???

subculture

Banned
Hi guys

Does it not have something to do with the slot speed? Read the manual of your m/b and gfx card and double check that there is no BIOS setting or m/b setting that needs to be changed/tweaked.

flashfire208

Thanks subculture , i will try fiddle with those tm . It was working a few days ago in a friends PC

rtzouves

Hi guys

If i understand correctly, what you are trying to say is that you cannot detect the card in device manager. Sounds to me like it is more likely to be a software issue than the card itself, especially if you have it plugged in and are able to use it. May be something in windows that is corrupt and causing it to simply not show up in device manager or it may be some kind of malware. I have heard of malware making devices dissapear from the device manager in windows; although i have yet to see this myself.

When was the last time you did a complete format and reinstall of windows?

flashfire208

Haha ummm wellll ummmm errr *cough* 2.5 years ago *coughs*

And yes , i cannot find it in the hardware manager and when i try drivers it says drivers not compatible for current device - and i tried ALOT of drivers . So your probably right , its a windows issue.

rtzouves

lol, kk... might want to get the window lean out and give them windows a quick once over ;)

Juggy

Executive Member
Use a driver cleaner to remove all previous NVidia drivers.