Grocery list app

Stevi

Expert Member
Hi all,

I am looking for an app that the SO and I can use for our grocery shopping list.

We sometimes go to the shops at different times and either end up buying the same thing twice or not getting something thinking the other person got it.

What we ideally need is an app where we can make a list, and both of us are able to see it from our phones, and when I buy something, it crosses it off on her phone so she knows not to get it.

A search of the app store only gave me options to share the list, but none that sync with other phones.

Anyone know if anything like this is around?

Thanks

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
If you are a Telegram user there are shared to-do list type bots available.

rodga

Executive Member
There's an app called out of milk. Haven't used it though

krycor

Honorary Master
PnP have a shopping list on their app...pretty nifty, got prices too
And it does barcode scanning so quick and easy.. we wanna try the whole pick up thing as we do with takeout too ie close shopping basket and then u go later and just pick up and pay. PnP delivery can suck if the source goods from a sucky branch eg Chili Lane and then it’s just better to order and pick up at Woodmead

Else I use to use “Buy me a Pie!” Which does phone syncing so works offline too and more of a notes sync.

But since Apple has improved notes and we both use Apple devices we use Notes to generate lists & Reminders for todos etc

mattrudlles

And it does barcode scanning so quick and easy.. we wanna try the whole pick up thing as we do with takeout too ie close shopping basket and then u go later and just pick up and pay. PnP delivery can suck if the source goods from a sucky branch eg Chili Lane and then it’s just better to order and pick up at Woodmead

Else I use to use “Buy me a Pie!” Which does phone syncing so works offline too and more of a notes sync.

But since Apple has improved notes and we both use Apple devices we use Notes to generate lists & Reminders for todos etc
Chili lane PnP really does suck!

mattrudlles

We use Wunderlist. It is really good, recurring reminders, alarms, sub-lists and so on.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
I use out of milk, but that is because it was on the 99c special google had years ago. It works well though. And it seem to be free now

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
really? Was not aware. Have you tried any?
@dotobot
Very simple. You list an item. Someone can tick it off or delete it. You can have multiple lists. You can also remove people from the list.

But just do a search. There are so many bots available of Telegram now.

Polly101

We use Grocery Gadget - but its on iOS - not sure if android as well