Guess that car

HammerDown

Expert Member
Ok, to the interesting Ford Mustang. (Which I've never seen before... it's almost pretty).
I'm guessing a limited edition by a European design house.... Pinafarina... nope. Ghia worked with Ford?

Edit: logo on body looks like Bertone...

Edit 2: Bingo.
http://www.carstyling.ru/cars.1965_Ford_Mustang.html
It was Bertone's design proposal for Ford's newn Mustang in '65.... and a sleek and elegant one too with loads of Aston flavour.

arf9999

MyBroadband Member
It was Bertone's design proposal for Ford's newn Mustang in '65.... and a sleek and elegant one too with loads of Aston flavour.
I don't think that "elegant" was what Ford was looking for at the time. This design is way ahead of anything that came out as a Mustang until... well, actually better than anything that came out as a Mustang ever!

ponder

Honorary Master
I don't think that "elegant" was what Ford was looking for at the time. This design is way ahead of anything that came out as a Mustang until... well, actually better than anything that came out as a Mustang ever!
Cut them some slack, they're yanks and don't know better ;) They would not know style & class if it bit them in the ass.

Fazda

Honorary Master
And now for something completely different...should be very easy, but was never available in SA

arf9999

MyBroadband Member
Austin [-]Allegro/Princess/[/-]Vanden Plas 1500/1750 sometime in the mid-late 1970s?

Here's a green one:

HammerDown

Expert Member
Ughh... I have an Austin and have a soft spot for them,but for everything I like about them in what they did pre 1970, I hate their direction in so many of the 70's & on cars......for this they fully deserved to go belly up.......what were they thinking.

Fazda

Honorary Master
Correct arf9999...and it was actually an Allegro Vandenplas :D

An interesting one, that green one, owned by a chap on Flickr. It was initially owned by someone in the RAF who loved it and cared for it, and was one of those people who covered it in badges and bling to excessd. Then it was sold to someone who simply let it rot in the street, until it was discovered by the present owner who is in the process of resurrecting it.

Fazda

Honorary Master
Ughh... I have an Austin and have a soft spot for them,but for everything I like about them in what they did pre 1970, I hate their direction in so many of the 70's & on cars......for this they fully deserved to go belly up.......what were they thinking.
What Austin have you got?

HammerDown

Expert Member
getting back to that weird thing.....never seen it before. Must be some concept vehicle from the 60's?

HammerDown

Expert Member
That's a big exhaust for a PETROL powered car...lol...

found it here, but it doesn't say what the stupid thing is called...lol :

Last edited: