Guild Wars 2 System Requirements released

snobee

The Minimum System Requirements have been announce, though Anet also say they may change.

Good to see that older machines are supported. 25GB of hard disk space! Though I doubt that will be requried for the release, they are probably just covering themselves for the future in some way. Not that 25GB is a problem for HDD's today :) It will certainly be an issue for some SA gamers and their caps :)

I think that all we South African's need to worry about is how will the game play over our broadband connections. The persistent world is more of a challenge than GW1, so lag I am sure will be a much bigger issue. Wait and see I guess.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 300 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
25GB available HDD space
Broadband Internet Connection
Keyboard & Mouse

froot

Honorary Master
I read somewhere (wrt the 25GB) that with the Steam download or something, you need about 8GB of download space and 25GB afterwards.

EnchanterG

Expert Member
I hope so! 8 gigs is still a monster to a iFail lUser like me, but its a far better option than 25gigs!

Devill

Damned
Will need to get to an uncapped line somewhere to download the original or just get the discs from someone :eek:

Must say it will still run on my Laptop so I am happy.

froot

Honorary Master
Will need to get to an uncapped line somewhere to download the original or just get the discs from someone :eek:

Must say it will still run on my Laptop so I am happy.
Yeah you will likely need to do that. I hope that WebAfrica will mirror the images again like they did last time (or well the data file).