Gym Supplements

Spek

What is the best supplements to buy for gaining muscle fast. I am new to the gym thing and i know i must work hard in the gym, but i just need info on supplements

jouda

Expert Member
What is the best supplements to buy for gaining muscle fast. I am new to the gym thing and i know i must work hard in the gym, but i just need info on supplements
Not the most clued up but lets have a go and see what others think.

I quite liked the evox synergy whey (tastes decent too :p ). But it all depends on what you want to do and what you need. Do you need bulking up or losing some weight? Something for recovery?

Maybe also consider getting a pre-workout...

Glutamine is also a good idea to drink (I mix mine with my shake after workout). Dont ignore the value that a decent multi-vitamin has.

Anyway just my 2c

Vegeta

Executive Member
What is the best supplements to buy for gaining muscle fast.
Testosterone, Human Growth Hormone, anabolic steroids and Cortisone

Or some "Fluffing"?
Some bodybuilders, particularly at professional level, inject substances such as "site enhancement oil", commonly known as synthol, to mimic the appearance of developed muscle where it may otherwise be disproportionate or lagging. This is known as "fluffing"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodybuilding

All very unsafe and bad for you but you asked about fast not safe or healthy so there you go.
These will f**k up your:
brain
face
eyes
hair
heart
stomach
kidneys
liver
bones
skin
Prostrate gland

Then there's eating healthy and natural protein. But its never fast. <---- this option is much better for you if you're unsure at this point.

Last edited:

jouda

Expert Member
Testosterone, Human Growth Hormone, anabolic steroids and Cortisone

Or some "Fluffing"?
Some bodybuilders, particularly at professional level, inject substances such as "site enhancement oil", commonly known as synthol, to mimic the appearance of developed muscle where it may otherwise be disproportionate or lagging. This is known as "fluffing"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodybuilding

All very unsafe and bad for you but you asked about fast not safe or healthy so there you go.
These will f**k up your:
brain
face
eyes
hair
heart
stomach
kidneys
liver
bones
skin
Prostrate gland

Then there's eating healthy and natural protein.
LOL. Remember kids: "Juice makes the jewels shrivel like sun-dried tomatoes"

zaidjoulay

The only way to gain muscle fast is if you use some sort of steroid.

If you dont want to go that route, then live with the fact that muscle building is a marathon and not a sprint!

Eat clean. Train. Get lots of rest.

Raindupon

If i can put in my 2 cents

You need to look at setting some real goals without jungle juice gains will be slow but will be quality gains (you will keep them much longer)

Getting a quality protein is very important, for each kilogram of weight you need to consume 2 grams of protein so e.g 80 kg = 160 grams of protein, also getting some creatine and L-Glutamine is very important and it will help with muscle repair and help the gains you get.

I am a strong believer in SSN, even evox aint to bad.

They have a range of products that you can use, a sample diet would be a 6 - 7 meal with a 4 day split.

8am - oats with protein (shake or egg whites)
11am - chicken breast with brocolli and cup of brown rice
1pm - chicken breast with brocolli and cup of brown rice
4pm - chicken breast with brocolli and cup of brown rice
preworkout - Muscle Junkies Psycho
During workout - SSN Creamass
post work out - Protein ( Muscle Protein)
7pm - chicken breast with brocolli (fibrous Carbohydrate)
10pm - Protein Shake (SSN 100% weigh protein)

and Gym workout

Monday - Chest, triceps
Tuesday- Cardio
Wednesday- Back, Biceps
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - Shoulders, abs and calves
Saturday - Cardio
Sunday - Legs

Sets and reps are determined by what you want to do, heavy and incorporating drop sets will really help with promoting size while heavish with many reps will promote strength

This is one of my routines and it is very strict i use it to Bulk or Cut and make slight changes to it to get the results i want. But this can vary between people, as genetics and body type have a big role to play in this

I recommend hitting sites like bodybuilding.com or simplyshredded.com and have a look around they have alot of programs that could be better suited for you

Also this is in no way a must, i am simply sharing what i do.

Good place to start :
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=BeginnerWorkoutPrograms

Motivation will be your best friend read articles, check out some vids and before you know it
you may look like the hulk :D

Last edited:

Zukat

There is no magic pill in gaining mass, unless you want to go the steroid route.

If you have fast metabolism, you starter pack should consist of- whey protein, mass gainer (high carbs) and creatine.

Will be taking whey protein after your workout and first thing in the morning, as those are the times when you need to feed your body as fast as possible to avoid it going into catabolic state.

All other times mass gainer should be taken in between your meals. The time to take creatine doesnt really matter.

The brands to take will purely depend on your budget. Local brands would recommend Evox and SSN, stay away from USN and Biogen.

Dont forget that no supplements can substitute a proper diet!

Source: Gyming for several years, fitness model

Raindupon

There is no magic pill in gaining mass, unless you want to go the steroid route.

If you have fast metabolism, you starter pack should consist of- whey protein, mass gainer (high carbs) and creatine.

Will be taking whey protein after your workout and first thing in the morning, as those are the times when you need to feed your body as fast as possible to avoid it going into catabolic state.

All other times mass gainer should be taken in between your meals. The time to take creatine doesnt really matter.

The brands to take will purely depend on your budget. Local brands would recommend Evox and SSN, stay away from USN and Biogen.

Dont forget that no supplements can substitute a proper diet!

Source: Gyming for several years, fitness model
Couldnt Agree more!!!!

Orihalcon

Expert Member
QFT!

Sort out your nutrition and be consistent! Results take time to show - eat clean and lift dirty as they say and in 2-3 months the results will start shining.

As for brands - SSN, SPS or Nutritech. Gotta love the local guys :)

Leo876

Not the most clued up but lets have a go and see what others think.

I quite liked the evox synergy whey (tastes decent too :p ). But it all depends on what you want to do and what you need. Do you need bulking up or losing some weight? Something for recovery?

Maybe also consider getting a pre-workout...

Glutamine is also a good idea to drink (I mix mine with my shake after workout). Dont ignore the value that a decent multi-vitamin has.

Anyway just my 2c
What is considered to be a decent multi-vitamin? There are so many

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
If i can put in my 2 cents

You need to look at setting some real goals without jungle juice gains will be slow but will be quality gains (you will keep them much longer)

Getting a quality protein is very important, for each kilogram of weight you need to consume 2 grams of protein so e.g 80 kg = 160 grams of protein, also getting some creatine and L-Glutamine is very important and it will help with muscle repair and help the gains you get.

I am a strong believer in SSN, even evox aint to bad.

They have a range of products that you can use, a sample diet would be a 6 - 7 meal with a 4 day split.

8am - oats with protein (shake or egg whites)
11am - chicken breast with brocolli and cup of brown rice
1pm - chicken breast with brocolli and cup of brown rice
4pm - chicken breast with brocolli and cup of brown rice
preworkout - Muscle Junkies Psycho
During workout - SSN Creamass
post work out - Protein ( Muscle Protein)
7pm - chicken breast with brocolli (fibrous Carbohydrate)
10pm - Protein Shake (SSN 100% weigh protein)

and Gym workout

Monday - Chest, triceps
Tuesday- Cardio
Wednesday- Back, Biceps
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - Shoulders, abs and calves
Saturday - Cardio
Sunday - Legs

Sets and reps are determined by what you want to do, heavy and incorporating drop sets will really help with promoting size while heavish with many reps will promote strength

This is one of my routines and it is very strict i use it to Bulk or Cut and make slight changes to it to get the results i want. But this can vary between people, as genetics and body type have a big role to play in this

I recommend hitting sites like bodybuilding.com or simplyshredded.com and have a look around they have alot of programs that could be better suited for you

Also this is in no way a must, i am simply sharing what i do.

Good place to start :
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=BeginnerWorkoutPrograms

Motivation will be your best friend read articles, check out some vids and before you know it
you may look like the hulk :D
^ This. Except for the Glutamine, I would say 5/5 stars.

Find it amazing how everyone is a "gym rat" on forums. Just because you have been in a gym for a year or 7, does not mean jack. I have seen, and trained guys who were "training" hardcore for 5 years, and have hardly anything to show for it.

Take that advice I quoted from raindupon, it's solid, and a good base.

Please don't waste your money on crap supplements that are loaded with sugar to bulk. You are new in the gym, and you will get great initial growth. But you will slow down. This happens to everyone, so don't fall prey to the mindset that it isn't working anymore. This is where you start experimenting with different aspects of training, and diet.

Good luck in your pursuit of greatness. And another plea, don't give up after a month and a half. Stick with it. There is nothing more rewarding in this superficial world.

Cicero

Expert Member
Raindupon knows his stuff.

I put on just less than 10kg's in a couple of months by eating LOTS and gymming, which was about 15% of my starting weight - yes I'm small and skinny.
The main thing I found for me was to get enough calories in per day to put on weight. But make sure the food is not all fatty, its gotta be the right stuff hence Rains chicken breast and brocolli. Then make sure you get at least a gram of protein per pound of body weight.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Steroids is also not a wonder drug that wil make you “big”, when you do a cycle its between 12 and 15 weeks, in this time, your diet has to be perfect, you train 5 to 6 days a week, and only then wil you maybe gain 3cm, and you wil lose that as well if you don’t follow a proper PCT

Also, you can’t just use steroids, you have to be training for at least 2 years before you even consider roids, even then there are alot of factors to consider like your age, health, have you reached your natural peak.....

For a beginner, follow Raindupon advice as its the fastest and way best to build muscle, Proteitns, proteins and more proteins

CarsinemiA

This - I have started eating healthy, have a good cardio and gym routine, its been over a month and I picked up 1kg. The only thing keeping me motivated is that feel great. Some folks recommend a multi-vitamins a good place to start, something from SSN maybe - http://www.ssnonline.co.za/products/multivit/index.shtml :confused:
A multi-vitamin is not going to help you gain, it has zero calories.

You say you're eating healthy, fair enough, but are you eating enough to gain? Do a calorie count on your daily diet - chances are high it's not nearly enough.

So my advice on top of Raindupon's (which is great) is get some fish-oil caps - I use the salmon oil from dischem and have a tablespoon or two of olive oil a day. And drink nothing other than water and a lot of milk (NOT that fat-free excuse and DEFINITELY not long-life - that's like drinking liquid plastic). Full cream milk - always. And by a lot I mean at least 2 litres a day. This is all on top of the diet recommended by Raindupon.

Using the above I went from 59kgs to 82kgs in about a year and a half. Bodyfat % is currently sitting on 9.5%

Also, stay away from Mass Gainers - They're filled with junk carbs. Rather eat whole food carbs like brown rice, sweet potatoes, lentils, quinoa etc.

And lastly, pre-workouts are also junk and they're expensive. Initially you'll feel like you're on fire but you get used to them quickly. If you need the energy, just take caffeine. Works just as well and it less than a third of the price. Also, there's no side-effects (google "stim-d*ck") if you're taking 200-300mg a day.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
A multi-vitamin is not going to help you gain, it has zero calories.

You say you're eating healthy, fair enough, but are you eating enough to gain? Do a calorie count on your daily diet - chances are high it's not nearly enough.

So my advice on top of Raindupon's (which is great) is get some fish-oil caps - I use the salmon oil from dischem and have a tablespoon or two of olive oil a day. And drink nothing other than water and a lot of milk (NOT that fat-free excuse and DEFINITELY not long-life - that's like drinking liquid plastic). Full cream milk - always. And by a lot I mean at least 2 litres a day. This is all on top of the diet recommended by Raindupon.

Using the above I went from 59kgs to 82kgs in about a year and a half. Bodyfat % is currently sitting on 9.5%

Also, stay away from Mass Gainers - They're filled with junk carbs. Rather eat whole food carbs like brown rice, sweet potatoes, lentils, quinoa etc.

And lastly, pre-workouts are also junk and they're expensive. Initially you'll feel like you're on fire but you get used to them quickly. If you need the energy, just take caffeine. Works just as well and it less than a third of the price. Also, there's no side-effects (google "stim-d*ck") if you're taking 200-300mg a day.
Why so against long-life milk? What's wrong with it?

patrick

Expert Member
If only I struggled to put on mass. Granted I can build muscle really fast, but if I as much as look at a carb I start bloating up! 2000 cals a day is the most I can take in without adding weight, not much for a 75kg male.