Hard drive change to SSD

Anjeev

Hi guys. I have a HP Probook G4 i5 with a Toshiba MQ01ACF050 500gig 2.5" Sata drive. I want to change it to a SSD. What type of SSD will work? Not sure what type to buy as I want to make it a bit faster. 500gig capacity will be fine. Just not sure what type to buy that will fit in the laptop.

eg2505

Honorary Master
2.5 inch SSD is best,
like for like replacement.
only go down the m2 route if you know you have a slot for one of those.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Hi guys. I have a HP Probook G4 i5 with a Toshiba MQ01ACF050 500gig 2.5" Sata drive. I want to change it to a SSD. What type of SSD will work? Not sure what type to buy as I want to make it a bit faster. 500gig capacity will be fine. Just not sure what type to buy that will fit in the laptop.
That type.

sand_man

Honorary Master

It should have a m.2 2280 slot so you can add an m.2 ssd & keep the hdd installed at the same time.

Can you provide the full model# & hp part# as per the label on the bottom of the laptop?
Dropping an M.2 drive into her will transform that machine!! While you got her open consider doubling up on Ram if you have anything less than 4GB installed...

Bobbin

Executive Member
Seem to recall frequent mention of some cloning issues (or was it PE detection problems) from HDD to M2 but not sure if others have had more joy or if that is still an issue. That's the only potential warning I might add if OP intends to transfer the OS across that way.