Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Leo_

logitech-g604-lightspeed-wireless-gaming-mouse-730px-v1.jpg

R 1,129.00

Cheaper than Amazon with shipping+import

L-Dog

Expert Member
Also looking for a good 3060/3070 laptop special if anyone has seen one (14-15" Laptop)

SarelSeemonster

Expert Member
True - their TN panels had the same thing, just significantly worse.

That said, it's softer on the eyes and like a gentle "night mode" that's enabled.
Hardware Unboxed released this calibration you can use to improve the colour accuracy. Just rename the file - removing the .pdf at the end. (Should be a .icm file)

@Conack - Do you perhaps know what the monitor's OSD settings (brightness, contrast and RGB gain) should be set to when using this color profile?

zolly

Expert Member
I actually had these - they're awesome when new. But about a year down the line, the tilt action became loose (its not one that can be tightened with an allen-key). So now if I don't balance it properly it flops about.

Balls, well, guess I'll have to try them and see.

rrh

Expert Member
All unavailable.
Ditto on the new Kindle Paperwhite 2021 - even logged in via VPN as being in New York.

So I tried Amazon UK, and was pleased to find that, although they also have no stock, they are prepared to accept orders for delivery in mid- to end-December. It might turn out to cost a little more than buying from the USA (GBP 135, inclusive of shipping) but I'll still be saving around R1,000

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

mikef

Expert Member

L-Dog

Expert Member
Not sure if it has been posted.....

Very good deal just to big for my small desk

rrh

Expert Member
Not sure if it has been posted.....

Very good deal just to big for my small desk

Best check for BF for deals on larger desks ? :)

rrh

Expert Member
Ditto on the new Kindle Paperwhite 2021 - even logged in via VPN as being in New York.

So I tried Amazon UK, and was pleased to find that, although they also have no stock, they are prepared to accept orders for delivery in mid- to end-December. It might turn out to cost a little more than buying from the USA (GBP 135, inclusive of shipping) but I'll still be saving around R1,000
Seems I might have been a tad hasty: one can get a USA price for a Kindle shipped to a US address, but only after selecting the various bundle options. OTOH there is no pricing for the international edition.

I mention this 'cos the above logic might well apply to all Amazon mains-powered electronics ?

BTW I came across an interesting comment from a user review by someone based in Thailand, who warns that Kindle covers attract a higher rate of duty than does the Kindle device, and that (to save on duties) it is better to order the device by itself !

Reactions: Yuu