Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon

Blue actually R180 more



Green



Edit

With a lifespan rated 75% higher than the Green series, it is hard to argue against spending a little more for the better quality. As evident in the table above, the WD Blue Drive is of a better quality and will have a lower failure rate than the Green drive.
Strangely enough my blue gave me weird issues where as my green hasn't.
 
How different are the performance specs, probably near identical?

Actually the write speeds on the WD Blue SSDs are significantly better than the WD Greens. Read speed is close, but the Blue is still a touch faster.

My primary SSD is a WD Blue 500GB, but I have a couple of machines running the 240GB WD Green drives.

I think the biggest difference is that the Blue has DRAM and the Green doesnt.
 
Last edited:
I decided to buy these from Clicks - can't see the capacity though, but its cheap enough at 8 for R174. Guaranteed for one year.

 
I decided to buy these from Clicks - can't see the capacity though, but its cheap enough at 8 for R174. Guaranteed for one year.


You could get these rather from Makro : Energizer AA 2000 mAh Rechargeable Batteries 4-Pack

2 packs are just under R300 on special at the moment

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X