Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of the Duracells? 25% more capacity. I have the AAs and AAAs and they’re great.

Duracell Rechargeable AA 2500mAh Batteries - 4 Pack available to buy online at @TAKEALOT We offer fast, reliable delivery to your door.
https://www.takealot.com/duracell-rechargeable-aa-2500mah-batteries-4-pack/PLID32538367View attachment 985074
It's because they love to leak. Wrecked my headlamp that way and had to try resurrect a scale as well that got hit but I don't have a soldering iron. No thanks... https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2020/05/why-ill-never-skimp-on-batteries-again/

Back in 2012 I wrote about the return of battery leakage and the situation was summed up by the editor of a tech magazine who told me; “If it’s not an Energizer or a Duracell throw it out and replace it with an Energizer or a Duracell.” My experience suggests I should now exclude Duracell.
 
Problem with the rechargeables is that they are only 1.2 v. I have a couple of things where they work for 5 minutes and then its to low. So does not work in every application.
 
Problem with the rechargeables is that they are only 1.2 v. I have a couple of things where they work for 5 minutes and then its to low. So does not work in every application.
Depends on the chemistry.

Lithium can do 1.5v in battery sizes (eg A,AA not 18650...), NiCad 1.2v

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X