• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Hardware Bargains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lament

Executive Member
you guys still buying discs?
dont know when last I actually used ny blu ray player
Internet Copy = 2 channel compressed crap sound
Blu-ray = 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby True HD.

So ja, for me its basically about the audio. I cannot enjoy my setup with nonsense audio.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
you guys still buying discs?
dont know when last I actually used ny blu ray player
Heh. I wanted to watch an old BluRay the other day, stuck it in the player and then remembered that the player actually stopped playing BluRays in 2016. And then it actually played the BluRay. I was surprised. To be honest if I use my BluRay player 5 times in a year, that's a lot.

Lament

Executive Member
I rip all my BluRays to disk and that goes into my Plex library. Use the PS4 to watch them if I want to watch the extra features.
When you rip the blurays does it still have the original audio?, When looking at torrents the moment it includes the "HD" channels the file size is 10gb+

rodga

Executive Member
When you rip the blurays does it still have the original audio?, When looking at torrents the moment it includes the "HD" channels the file size is 10gb+
I think you can decide what streams to include in your rips
I get some dolby 5.1 streams using kodi - havent come across dts yet

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Yes, it's an exact copy of the audio and video from the disk in an MKV container.

I use MakeMKV, you can chose which audio and subtitle tracks you want to copy over.

Adoxographist

Reviews say it works with very few games, mostly only Samsung specific ones. Can anyone confirm?
Probably, I got a muvit android game controller and its ***. Zero compatibility with games and the phone thinks this thing is a keyboard. What I found is that most games don't bother building in controller support.

I saw a youtube video of this thing working on PC but even then I don't think its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.