Has the Vumatel +1 Lockdown Upgrade stopped?

Sharkssmart1

Okay, a few months back, Vumatel implemented that free of charge speed upgrade for the lockdown period (originally until the 31st of May) to help people work from home.
Unless I missed a memo, they never mentioned when it would officially stop. Looking at old news posts, the latest news I found was for it to stay active until the end of June, but I was still able to get a speed greater than what my original package says throughout July.

Now, it is August and this morning I did a speed test and it looks like it is back at my original package. Anyone else under Vumatel experienced the same?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Man going to miss 200mbs download. Not doing another upgrade, went from 20mbs at the start of the year to 100mbs.
I love how it took a few days to upgrade everyone, but it takes less than a few hours to downgrade

LOTR

Just checked and I have not yet been downgraded as yet. I guess it will take a day or two to be finalised.

Hackson

Where can I go to discuss switching ISPs? Afrihost 20Mbps is expensive but I'm not sure about these alternative providers.

SuperMario

Man going to miss 200mbs download. Not doing another upgrade, went from 20mbs at the start of the year to 100mbs.
I love how it took a few days to upgrade everyone, but it takes less than a few hours to downgrade
They could probably upgrade everyone in a few hours as well. My guess is, they do it over a few days to monitor network stability etc.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Where can I go to discuss switching ISPs? Afrihost 20Mbps is expensive but I'm not sure about these alternative providers.
I think the 20Mbps Vumatel package is quite competitive compared to other ISPs. We would not want to lose you as a client. :(

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Frogfoot is still running the promo.
Frogfoot said they will re-evaluate every month, since other providers are lowering speed again, they might do so end of month. Was nice while it lasted, but doubt that many will upgrade to higher speeds, most pick a speed due to what their budget allows, not what the actual speed is (if it can match requirements, so basically 20Mbps for most).

Reactions: Yuu