Have you ever cracked or broken a smartphone screen?

Have you ever cracked or broken a smartphone screen?

• Yes

Votes: 61 61.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 38.4%

• Total voters

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Have you ever accidentally cracked your smartphone screen? How did it happen and did you have the device repaired?

eg2505

Honorary Master
no, if you take care of a phone, keep it in a pouch, you should never crack or break a screen

although to be fair, accidents can happen.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
All of my phones.

Most recent phone. Left it on the roof of my car, someone drove over it when it flew off - somehow it was still on, and I managed to get of back - repaired and good as new.

Craig

Honorary Master
Quite a few, one my then 2 year stepped on on the bed, some others had a mighty fall. One was thrown at me and hit the wall....

Can't remember how the others cracked. All repaired and used again.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Staff member
All of my phones.

Most recent phone. Left it on the roof of my car, someone drove over it when it flew off - somehow it was still on, and I managed to get of back - repaired and good as new.
Yep. I have cracked every touch screen phone that I have owned. Current phone after 2 hours. Put it in my pocket with keys. I have obliterated two phones. One was on a boat when we hit a rogue monster wave and I fell and landed on it and the other was like a fumbled rugby catch that eventually ended up with me knocking it into the road and a car drove over it.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Staff member
Oh except my Vodafone Kickstart (I think that is what it is called). El-cheapo that you can literally throw against a wall and it doesn't crack. Plastic horrible phone but pretty damned strong.

stiller26

I've replaced my iPhone 6s screen 3 times in 30 months.
1st time about 2 months old, fell out of my shirt pocket about 30cm to the floor. Second and third time it slipped out of my hand about a meter to the floor.
Huawei P8 lite 2017 1 month old and fell on the floor.

Wall

Sports Addict
Every Damn phone I've owned. The worst was waking up and tramping my phone as I got out of bed.

I'm determined not to damage the screen on my current phone

Nithan15

Expert Member
Never dropped a phone when I had Samsung ADH but the first time they don't offer it I dropped my phone face first on tar. Discovery insured covered a new screen @ R8 800.00 at their provider Samsung S8+