Heartburn or Heart Attack?

spiderkzn

Hey guys, Please excuse my grammar. I would like to share my experience of what happen last night.

So I've issue with heartburn for while like for past 2 months. Had little sting in my arm and neck sometime. Went to gym after work, went home and cook dinner. So did enjoy my evening and before go to bed and went to bed pain increase in my chest, so did google and my reaction fear with heart attack but I don't believe cos I never had heart issue. Then Pain got worst in chest like crushing. Call my dad and he took me to hospital emergency unit.

They using heart machine to check up my heart, blood pressure, took blood for test and question by doctor, then receive drip for first time in my life as I can't believe it look like 2 litre of bag and feel chill through the arm for like over hour.

So the doctor come back that he said it is not heart problem. As it what I've ate regular like biltong, chocolate, high spicy food(bunny chow weekly) and drink lot of coke and caffine that increase anxious that cause pain that what he said chest infection that why i took drip. so till now I feel fine just small jab on my chest.

One of my friend told me if it is heart issue and the machine will tell the doctor and hospital will keep me overnight for further check up and test.

But still I'm kinda worry if I will get heart attack later.

Can anyone went through similar situation like me? and should I not worry about it?

medicnick83

Paramedic
When you have the pain or sting or whatever, that is a great time for you to get a ECG done.
But yes, read the original thread and goto a DR!
You playing with your life!

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
I've had basically the same thing....after tests...it was found that I pulled a muscle in my chest (gym). Your mind can play terrible tricks on you.

Pitbull

Verboten
Def a heart attack you have a week max to live. So go out and spend all your cash before others do after you're gone !!!!

*** Seriously though, this should have been discussed with a Dr last night already ***

gregmcc

Honorary Master
You have had heart burn for 2 months and done nothing about it? :eek:

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Let me post this excerpt from the link in my first post:
1st call from today

I had to go to a patient to declare him dead (basically so the mortuary can take the body)
What happened was, he had a burning sensation on his chest for a week, "HE" thought it was reflux, went and got himself GAVISCON and anyways, took it, apparently it didn't help much but so he went on.
This gentleman by the way was 58.
That entire week he sat with that burning chest pain sensation - sometimes not to bad (the pain) and other times, it was.
This morning him and his wife were watching TV, he got the pain again, apparently same as always, he took his GAVISCON, wife went to make coffee or something - she left the room - then she heard "OH SHYTE!" coming from the lounge - didn't think much of it, went into the lounge and he was in the chair - unresponsive.
She called the ambulance, and the initial crew found him to be DOA (Dead on Arrival)

Assumption is (I'll never say something DID happen, I'll always say QUERY or ASSUMPTION IS) that he had a MI ("Myocardial Infarction" or "Heart attack" to the lay person)

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Hey guys, Please excuse my grammar. I would like to share my experience of what happen last night.

So I've issue with heartburn for while like for past 2 months. Had little sting in my arm and neck sometime. Went to gym after work, went home and cook dinner. So did enjoy my evening and before go to bed and went to bed pain increase in my chest, so did google and my reaction fear with heart attack but I don't believe cos I never had heart issue. Then Pain got worst in chest like crushing. Call my dad and he took me to hospital emergency unit.

They using heart machine to check up my heart, blood pressure, took blood for test and question by doctor, then receive drip for first time in my life as I can't believe it look like 2 litre of bag and feel chill through the arm for like over hour.

So the doctor come back that he said it is not heart problem. As it what I've ate regular like biltong, chocolate, high spicy food(bunny chow weekly) and drink lot of coke and caffine that increase anxious that cause pain that what he said chest infection that why i took drip. so till now I feel fine just small jab on my chest.

One of my friend told me if it is heart issue and the machine will tell the doctor and hospital will keep me overnight for further check up and test.

But still I'm kinda worry if I will get heart attack later.

Can anyone went through similar situation like me? and should I not worry about it?
What John Robbie described he experienced sounds a lot like what you described, he had to get a stint put in with surgery. I'd get a second opinion/testing.

AthenianOwl

Executive Member
What John Robbie described he experienced sounds a lot like what you described, he had to get a stint put in with surgery. I'd get a second opinion/testing.
This. Get a second opinion. A heart attack is often misdiagnosed as heartburn.