Hello Doctor: Anyone there?

tRoN

Executive Member
Hello lawsuits.
Medicine is so complex and even face to face consultation is challenging. Lots of misdiagnosis expected and wrong treatment advice given.
No wonder they trialing it in dark Africa.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
So basically you pay someone to tell you to go see a doctor as they can not do a diagnosis and they can not write a script.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Good

I installed an app like this on my phone and I liked the usefulness of it in order to be able to empower people to check what certain symptoms can be indicative of. My only gripe was that some of the service was mostly US based.

Eric

Honorary Master
I installed an app like this on my phone and I liked the usefulness of it in order to be able to empower people to check what certain symptoms can be indicative of. My only gripe was that some of the service was mostly US based.
Agree that it's a step in the right direction. What you want this to achieve is very basic early diagnosis of malaria, TB, etc. It's about telling people they need to see a doc if they have certain symptoms etc. and referring them to the nearest relevant clinic. These are people who don't have the same access you and I have to GP and funding... if they contract something serious (TB/Malaria etc), this might encourage them to find the nearest relevant state funded clinic. It's not about being 100% accurate, but about referring where necessary and informing people of services in their vicinity.