I have a 64 bit windows 7 installation and itunes and I use Cell C to connect to the internet.
When I plug in my iphone, I am able to sign into my US itunes account and download & buy new apps. Itunes is up to date. I previously had itunes installed on another computer.
However, I cannot update to ios 6.01. I get the following error:
"The was a problem downloading the software for the iphone. You do not have permission to access the requested resource"
I have already tried :
- disabling my avast anti virus and comodo firewall,
- enabling all ports for itunes
- adding itunes as a trusted application in the firewall settings.
I also could not directly download itunes from the apple website, despite doing all of the above and also allowing pop-ups. I eventually downloaded itunes from tucows. I am able to update my Steam and Uplay accounts.
What on earth am I doing wrong?! Please provide any suggestions, thanks!
When I plug in my iphone, I am able to sign into my US itunes account and download & buy new apps. Itunes is up to date. I previously had itunes installed on another computer.
However, I cannot update to ios 6.01. I get the following error:
"The was a problem downloading the software for the iphone. You do not have permission to access the requested resource"
I have already tried :
- disabling my avast anti virus and comodo firewall,
- enabling all ports for itunes
- adding itunes as a trusted application in the firewall settings.
I also could not directly download itunes from the apple website, despite doing all of the above and also allowing pop-ups. I eventually downloaded itunes from tucows. I am able to update my Steam and Uplay accounts.
What on earth am I doing wrong?! Please provide any suggestions, thanks!