Help request please

Paul2504

Hi all
recently due to a power outage a hard drive crashed. The docs and stuff was backed up. I loaded Ubuntu 18.04 with Thunderbird as the default E mail.

Axxess is my ISO and I asked them to assist with the mail set up as a I am a dummy. They did this via anyview and the mails started working.
Every day though the the mails stop working and Axxess say they block the IP due to a false registration attempt or something to that effect. They say it is the device that is doing this.

Can any one assist with this please. each time it does this all of our mails stop across all of our PC's

Would be very grateful for any help ,, thanks

OCP

Expert Member
Axxess will block your IP if there are too many failed login/auth attempts on your account.
Do you have any other devices trying to access the same email address?

You would need to get someone capable to check all your devices/computers to check the settings.

Failing that, the simplest process of elimination would be to switch off / disconnect all other devices and only use the machine with Ubuntu/Thunderbird for a few days.
If the problem persists = that machine is the problem.
If it does not, switch on/connect the other devices one at a time a few days apart which if the problem comes back would tell you which is the problem device.

I would be happy to remote onto your machines via AnyDesk/TeamViewer to have a look for you.

Paul2504

Yes they seem to think that it is that machine. Perhaps we can take this to mail

Thank you

Last edited:

OCP

Expert Member
Yes they seem to think that it is that machine. Perhaps we can take this to mail

paul@xxxxx

Thank you
Have emailed you - suggest you remove your email address from previous post (use the moderate/edit option) to prevent your address from getting spammed!