Help with cancelling an upgrade

Cara

Expert Member
I cancelled the upgrade for my Vodacom contract on 12/7/2012 but I'm struggling to get confirmation of the cancellation.

I called 082 155 and they told me to call 082 1959. Which I did and then cancelled the upgrade with them twice.

The third time I called this number to confirm my cancellation they told me my contract wasn't cancelled and I had to call the rewards department who had handled my upgrade (number I was told to call 031 533 3000).

I called them three times - each time they put me on hold and I never got through to someone to confirm the details.

I haven't received the new handsets yet and I was told it was cancelled at the factory already but not on the system the call center uses. Then I was told it was now cancelled on the call center's system, now today I'm told it wasn't cancelled at all.

Is there a number I can call to cancel my upgrade and be asssured it will be cancelled? :)

Cara

Expert Member
Ask for retensions.
Are you in breach of any contract agreements perhaps?

Thanks for the tip.

Nope not in breach of any contract agreements - that I know of :). Will call to see if they can help - I'll also try to call the rewards department again.

Thanks for your help.

Cara

Expert Member
Great news - just managed to cancel (well almost - they reversed the order and I can then call back in 4 days time to cancel for real - I think?).

Thanks for the assistance.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
hellopeter... its there in writing, and they can't deny they got it.

lumpyza

to be safe, get the persons email address your talking to on the phone and just confirm the cancelling in writing "as per our discussion", just as something to fall back on if they give you trouble, i always do this and its saved me a few times with MTn and CellC...

lumpyza

also, a few months ago i got the misses a 4S on contract and they guy on the phone said that once the device is recived, i have 7 days in wether to decide if i want the contract, if not i have to notify them within 7 days and return the device in original packaging and they will cancel the contract, but i will be liable for a R450 admin processing fee... so another fall back for you...

jxharding

Expert Member
Agreed,I also wouldn't regard the contract as cancelled if I did not receive a confirmation email - trust me I got burned like this where the Operator ensured me that the contract has expired - I still received R349 bills per month afterwards. Like Ockie said , keep the proof.