Hermanus & More than the Whales?

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Joined
May 26, 2013
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
11,853
Location
In the Namibian desert...
So in a week's time I will be starting my two week sightseeing tour with my long lost uncle from Scotland, besides popping up the Namibia to see The Canyon, Wild Horses and Kolmanskuppe, I was thinking of popping over to Hermanus to see yon blubber beasts frolicking in Walker Bay.....

What I want to know, what else would be of interest in the area that me uncle might enjoy?

I thank you!

:confused::D
 
Hardly any whales here yet. They only start coming now. From land you're not likely to see any. By boat from the new harbour maybe.
 
Shark cage diving in Kleinbaai, Dune mountain biking (fat bikes) on Die Plaat (stretch of beach between hermanus and De Kelders), wine/beer tasting in Stanford, hike from De Kelders to Hermanus along the beach...
 
So in a week's time I will be starting my two week sightseeing tour with my long lost uncle from Scotland, besides popping up the Namibia to see The Canyon, Wild Horses and Kolmanskuppe, I was thinking of popping over to Hermanus to see yon blubber beasts frolicking in Walker Bay.....

What I want to know, what else would be of interest in the area that me uncle might enjoy?

I thank you!

:confused::D

Hemel en aarde valley just over the hill is amazing. Wine is some of the best.
 
Hardly any whales here yet. They only start coming now. From land you're not likely to see any. By boat from the new harbour maybe.

Have you opened your curtains yet? :whistle: My source be my father in law in Gordon's Bay that said there were whales out your side...... never trust old English people!

Shark cage diving in Kleinbaai, Dune mountain biking (fat bikes) on Die Plaat (stretch of beach between hermanus and De Kelders), wine/beer tasting in Stanford, hike from De Kelders to Hermanus along the beach...

My Uncle is a 70 year old Scot, so it would be unfair on the Sharks to stick him in a cage and throw him into the water...

Hemel en aarde valley just over the hill is amazing. Wine is some of the best.

Somebody once mentioned a brewery that did tours out on that side of the Berg? Is there a brewery in the Hemel en Aarde Valley?

Blerrie rain will pissing down when he arrives for his first view of the colonies......
 
Have you opened your curtains yet? :whistle: My source be my father in law in Gordon's Bay that said there were whales out your side...... never trust old English people!

I live here. My housemate walks past the old habour every day. She says nope. She saw 100's last year, but later in the year.
 
I thank thee for the links, have bookmarked, I am impressed to see that there be three breweries in the hood..... only heard of the Birkenhead in all honesty....

thanks

Birkenhead = WalkerBayEstate one in the links (not sure if they changed their name, but you can still see in the photos on that site the signage is Birkenhead) . I've visited that before, very nice for some craft beer, in the same area lots of winefarms and also some of these belgian cheese farms effect .
 
Can't see much but here you go:

9ljtfthe.jpg
 
DSC02548.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

whales are def out and about in hermanus.was there last weekend and saw dozens...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X