Hikvision CCTV Image Issue

rinorobert

Hi All,

Hikvision DVR - 16Ch

I am encountering an issue with 2 CCTV cameras (Hikvision). It appears that the image of the cameras go all funny with lines and colours. This issue tends to happen in the late(ish) morning and afteroon.

I have changed the power supply thinking that may be the cause but have had no success.

Does anyone know what the issue could possibly be?

Last edited:

agentrfr

Executive Member
It's happening when the shutter speed changes of the camera as sun comes up/down. Change the DVR camera input framerate off from auto to 60FPS/NTSC or 50FPS/PAL to force it to keep frame rate with cameras (try both, one should work better than the other)

rinorobert

It's happening when the shutter speed changes of the camera as sun comes up/down. Change the DVR camera input framerate off from auto to 60FPS/NTSC or 50FPS/PAL to force it to keep frame rate with cameras (try both, one should work better than the other)
I have had a look at the DVR and don't see any way to change/adjust the frame rate. I have also attached another image to show what it does later on during the day (around 16:30ish). I suspect it could have to do with the light.

The model of the dvr is here.

The strangest thing is that this only happens around late morning and late afternoon, otherwise its perfectly clear.

It also looks as though the video scrolls vertically whilst acting up like this.

Last edited:

agentrfr

Executive Member
do the cameras have a button on them down the cable that you can press to change the encoder mode?

If so, try change from TVI to AHD or Analog (most of the time you hold down the button for 5 seconds to go to the next mode)

rinorobert

do the cameras have a button on them down the cable that you can press to change the encoder mode?

If so, try change from TVI to AHD or Analog (most of the time you hold down the button for 5 seconds to go to the next mode)
They do, I'll give that a go, thank you!