South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Someone at work suggested that if you have Amazon prime, the go with Amazon, otherwise go with Google. Google, however, worries me because they really want your personal data in a big wayWell you guys seem to be in the know. is there a comparison chart for the Amazon Echo, Dot, and Google Home. I want to get one but cannot find any Google answers comparing all three.
Definitely something wrong - setup a basic wifi network and same thing - on all three devices.
Will see tomorrow... Definitely the right password, I've been using it for 10 years here.Maybe ask @paktza what his SSID and password was for flashing them and setup the same to see if you can “get in” and change it.
Could the Android app thing with 3 buttons maybe?
Also make sure you are copying the correct password and that it doesn’t include spaces or something. Use a text editor like notepad.
I recently confused a 0 for an O and copied and pasted myself to death only to learn it was my own mistake.
Will see tomorrow... Definitely the right password, I've been using it for 10 years here.
Also setup a basic wireless network with password as password, can't connect.
If you reset the device you'll lose any SSID values. Depending on your version you'll then be able to use the WiFi manager or WPS.Maybe ask @paktza what his SSID and password was for flashing them and setup the same to see if you can “get in” and change it.
Could the Android app thing with 3 buttons maybe?
Also make sure you are copying the correct password and that it doesn’t include spaces or something. Use a text editor like notepad.
I recently confused a 0 for an O and copied and pasted myself to death only to learn it was my own mistake.
Are you running 2.4 ghz and 5ghz on the same SSID?
Nope
Is so split to a 2.4 only one.
If you reset the device you'll lose any SSID values. Depending on your version you'll then be able to use the WiFi manager or WPS.
Now that you mention it.Managed to get on one by setting up and open network, and rolling back the firmware to the same as one of my old ones. Seems to be a problem with the 6.* Tasmota firmware
Managed to get on one by setting up and open network, and rolling back the firmware to the same as one of my old ones. Seems to be a problem with the 6.* Tasmota firmware
Now that you mention it.
I have 5x sonoff devices (various) that started out life on 5.x firmware, was no issue. I upgraded them to 6.21 and they still work fine, but the wifi was configured prior to 6.x.
Then when I did my most recent Sonoff SV using 6.3 firmware, I just couldn't get it to work either. I ended up connecting a serial monitor to it, to look at the console output, and it had something about wifi setup entries in the logs. Can't recall what. I ended up compiling (using Atom + something) a 6.3 image myself where the wifi was hardcoded and that worked fine.
So something have changed, just not sure what yet.
whats your location?Hi Guys
If i wanted to used the Sonoff Basic switches to install onto my pool pump to control the pool pump itself and then one to control the pool lights, is there someone that can help me with a diagram or explanation of how to do it? i am also willing to pay you to come show me![]()
I think this could work for the pool lightwhats your location?
I would suggest a Sonoff POW R2 for the pool pump and not the basic. (mine has been running for almost a year now without any issues). I think I might have posted some pics earlier in this thread.
I need to add a sonoff to my pool light as well, but need to check if there is a sonoff that has a 12v output so i can bypass the transformer that I suspect is faulty.
even a 1.1kw pump will be fine? want to add my jets as wellNothing wrong with a basic on the pool pump.
The light is probably 12v so an sv would work best there.