Home Automation - Smartkit

Okay when I do my SV's I may just try that rather than the whole Platform I/O mission.
 
Anyone using a POW2 with HA? If so - could you post how you've setup your sensors - seems its slightly different to the POW.


switches.yaml
- platform: mqtt
name: "Tumble Dryer"
command_topic: "cmnd/sonoff4/power"
state_topic: "stat/sonoff4/POWER"
qos: 1
payload_on: "ON"
payload_off: "OFF"
retain: true
icon: mdi:tumble-dryer


automations.yaml
#MQTT details for Sonoff POW R2 connected to the tumble dryer
- platform: mqtt
name: "Energy"
state_topic: "tele/sonoff4/SENSOR"
value_template: '{{ value_json["ENERGY"]["Today"] }}'
unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
- platform: mqtt
name: "Power"
state_topic: "tele/sonoff4/SENSOR"
value_template: '{{ value_json["ENERGY"]["Power"] }}'
unit_of_measurement: "W"
- platform: mqtt
name: "Voltage"
state_topic: "tele/sonoff4/SENSOR"
value_template: '{{ value_json["ENERGY"]["Voltage"] }}'
unit_of_measurement: "V"
- platform: mqtt
name: "Current"
state_topic: "tele/sonoff4/SENSOR"
value_template: '{{ value_json["ENERGY"]["Current"] }}'
unit_of_measurement: "A"
 
Thanks - that's what I have - not picking up the values.... will have a closer look.
 
Thanks - that's what I have - not picking up the values.... will have a closer look.
You did set the device type to pow 2 in the config screen, right?
And also by default it only reports instantaneous values when the power is on.
 
You did set the device type to pow 2 in the config screen, right?
And also by default it only reports instantaneous values when the power is on.
Yip and yip. I might have just been too impatient. I'll be installing on the geyser later today.
 
Just setup my Xmas lights. Pretty pleased with the setup. Garage, outside, and inside lights all connected to diferent Sonoff switches which is connected to OpenHab.

Alexa switch on Christmas lights, switches on first Sonoff. OH then triggers and switches on other 2 sonoffs
 
Thanks - that's what I have - not picking up the values.... will have a closer look.

For me I needed a newer version of Tasmota vs what i started with, has to POW2 like sinbad said.
You should also be able to see the values in the console on the Sonoff, if you not getting it there, then its not a home assistant problem.
 
Anyone noticed ghost presses on the Sonoff T1 light switch? I have on that one on at 4:41 and then 3 days earlier went on at 4:56. Not tied into any home assistant automations, nothing else happening around it.

I wouldnt care so much, but its actually just sending MQTT to open my garage.
 
Sounds like induction.
Anyone noticed ghost presses on the Sonoff T1 light switch? I have on that one on at 4:41 and then 3 days earlier went on at 4:56. Not tied into any home assistant automations, nothing else happening around it.

I wouldnt care so much, but its actually just sending MQTT to open my garage.
 
Quite close on the geyser.
d315c97f4f6ff3aa99f605124d4e30a3.jpg
 
Anyone noticed ghost presses on the Sonoff T1 light switch? I have on that one on at 4:41 and then 3 days earlier went on at 4:56. Not tied into any home assistant automations, nothing else happening around it.

I wouldnt care so much, but its actually just sending MQTT to open my garage.
I've had that once or twice with the Slamphers
 
Just abit annoyed as now I'll need to build conditions into the automation to work around the ghost openings.
 
Hi guys, does anyone have any tips for me regarding the sonoff basic and not being able to pair them at all to my network. I tried 2 of them, cant get my IOS device to see them at all. tried on a friends wifi and connected in 2 seconds. I have tried all the stuff i found on YouTube, removed 5G network, removed SSID. What else could be the issue? i have a Netgear R6400 if that help?
 
Hi guys, does anyone have any tips for me regarding the sonoff basic and not being able to pair them at all to my network. I tried 2 of them, cant get my IOS device to see them at all. tried on a friends wifi and connected in 2 seconds. I have tried all the stuff i found on YouTube, removed 5G network, removed SSID. What else could be the issue? i have a Netgear R6400 if that help?

Try making sure you are using channel 1-11 and not 12 or 13.

Don’t know for sure this is a problem but just guessing.
 
Make sure you don't have any funny characters in you WPA2 password - I recall that's an issue sometimes.
 
thanks guys i got them paired, still not out the woods completely the one is online, the other i just cant get online. is there a way of resetting a basic switch or is that no necessary?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X