Home Automation - Smartkit

I came here specifically to find out what's happening with the Shelly stuff.

I'm keen on trying out, I PMed ya a few weeks back.
Yeah, we've been appointed distributors. Problem is ICASA is taking 6-7 months to approve applications - and we've only just embarked on the process :/

Edit: Uncle Cyril's red tape
 
This is exactly how I connected my Sonoff SV (with the resistors removed) to my Centurion D5 gate motor:

View attachment 543123

The trick is: the "-" terminals for the relay ("input" and "output") doesn't mean anything -- they're literally just connected to one another. It is the "+" terminals which is actually switched on/off by the relay, and thus you can safely connect those to COM and TRG on the gate board.

Furthermore, the 12v power supply in for my gate motor happily powers the original receiver and the SonoffSV.

You would have to physically isolate the relay from the 220v on the Sonoff Basic to be able to use it for a gate setup. Can probably try and strip the track on the board but I'd rather just use the SV since it is smaller and there should typically be a 12v supply (and it can use 5v and up).

I've managed to hook another one up to my Gemini motor too (well, originally I did, but then I discovered no wifi coverage there, so I moved it to a garage and rather broke open an extra remote and hooked that to the SV -- the SV is powered from an old USB power supply).

Are you connecting com to the plus input on the left of the diagram?
 
I've been playing with this last HA update, and have added my cameras as lovelace picture entities.
Pre-loading the stream gives an instant response when you tap on the picture icon.
I have felt it in the CPU part on the raspberry Pi with the average CPU usage sitting at about 0.56 with 7 cameras preloaded.

Will be upgrading to a Linux box soon.
 
I've been playing with this last HA update, and have added my cameras as lovelace picture entities.
Pre-loading the stream gives an instant response when you tap on the picture icon.
I have felt it in the CPU part on the raspberry Pi with the average CPU usage sitting at about 0.56 with 7 cameras preloaded.

Will be upgrading to a Linux box soon.

Meaning 56%? 0.56% would be pretty amazing.

What are you going to use? I've been eyeing either a QNAP or a Synology with Docker support but the stuff is expensive.
 
Meaning 56%? 0.56% would be pretty amazing.

What are you going to use? I've been eyeing either a QNAP or a Synology with Docker support but the stuff is expensive.
Yep, 56% is what I should have typed.
I don't know yet, but I will look up the QNAP and Synology, thanks for that.
 
Not really a fan with the preload camera's at the moment, I've found on some of them it gets stuck with a specfic cached period, when I restart HA - it's fine again.
 
Not really a fan with the preload camera's at the moment, I've found on some of them it gets stuck with a specfic cached period, when I restart HA - it's fine again.
I will keep an eye out for that. At the moment it keeps the SO happy that she has instant feed back when she hears a sparrow fart is the distance.
 
Is there any issues with having certain outdoor lights connected direct to mains without a switch in line?

I am thinking of having my outdoor lights connected to a Sonoff and then going direct into the mains without a plug or switch in place. This is just to simplyfy the installation, but i am assuming it would not meet code?
 
Is there any issues with having certain outdoor lights connected direct to mains without a switch in line?

I am thinking of having my outdoor lights connected to a Sonoff and then going direct into the mains without a plug or switch in place. This is just to simplyfy the installation, but i am assuming it would not meet code?

does it still go through the CB?
 
Not really a fan with the preload camera's at the moment, I've found on some of them it gets stuck with a specfic cached period, when I restart HA - it's fine again.

I missed the preloading (and also upgraded to 0.91 last night -- seeing no difference). Is it something that you have to enable?
 
I missed the preloading (and also upgraded to 0.91 last night -- seeing no difference). Is it something that you have to enable?

If you click on a camera in the front end, you'll see a Preload stream checkbox top right.
 
So I got the 5m Sonoff LED strip and I'm playing around with it - it's really not as pimping as it looks in the photos ;)

You can change the intensity and the colour lights (I have dim / white as my norm) - but just to mess around for the photos I've gone high intensity with pimping colours. However, with the dim / white it gives a nice glow actually - I don't do TV in full dark ... so great to have the hidden light.

I think the WiFi controller has a microphone built in, so it syncs to sounds around it. In reality this isn't great and doesn't work super well.
I've also noticed is a separate cable coming from the controller - but no idea what it is or what connects to it.
I noticed that this LED isn't available in IFTTT as yet - which is a pity, as I'd like it switch on automatically with the TV.

tv2.jpg
 
Echo dots going for 3 for $76 on Amazon add customs and Aramex .
 
So I got the 5m Sonoff LED strip and I'm playing around with it - it's really not as pimping as it looks in the photos ;)

You can change the intensity and the colour lights (I have dim / white as my norm) - but just to mess around for the photos I've gone high intensity with pimping colours. However, with the dim / white it gives a nice glow actually - I don't do TV in full dark ... so great to have the hidden light.

I think the WiFi controller has a microphone built in, so it syncs to sounds around it. In reality this isn't great and doesn't work super well.
I've also noticed is a separate cable coming from the controller - but no idea what it is or what connects to it.
I noticed that this LED isn't available in IFTTT as yet - which is a pity, as I'd like it switch on automatically with the TV.

View attachment 646232

Sounds like the Xiaomi Yeelight strip still kicks it’s ass.
 
Sounds like the Xiaomi Yeelight strip still kicks it’s ass.
I haven't used the Xiaomi.

But in what way?

I've also already got Sonoff relays, plugs, PIR etc... So makes sense to get the same ecosystem.

The IFTTT thing - I hope - is temporary though. I've asked on their forum but no reply yet.
 
What does the separate cable look like? Mine (non-Sonoff) have the same, its the IR receiver for the remote.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X