Home Automation - Smartkit

feo

Honorary Master
No no no.

+ goes to + otherwise you’ll have an alright spark, possibly a fire and potentially a dead SV.
So basically the other way around?

+ on SV to Aux 12V Out and - to Com?

Just wanna make triple sure before I stuff up.

ipodmusicman

For those with Home Assistant and Yeelights be informed that as of HA 90.1 it now uses its own component and no longer the lights component.

Which means if you don’t do the small configuration change all your Yeelight will go missing upon updating.

Allegedly this was documented and informed....I saw none of it in any logical place and so had to log an issue.
This was in the release notes and discussed on the podcast which I read before the upgrade and modified my configuration before I upgraded. Had no issues whatsoever :)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
This was in the release notes and discussed on the podcast which I read before the upgrade and modified my configuration before I upgraded. Had no issues whatsoever :)
Problem is that due to Docker auto updating I’ve never once seen release notes.

Which is fine and a responsibility I’ll take on myself. However the official documentation (component URL) said absolutely nothing about it at all, which I feel is a failure on their part.

Of course it’s all still Beta software so I can’t complain too hard, but I would like to see such changes propagate everywhere properly for a better user experience and less support hassle.

A simple disclaimer at the top of the product documentation would have avoided me logging it as an issue etc.

For that matter why not have it in the logs like so many other components. “**** we see you still use his configuration, please change it to X because by version X.X it will no longer work”.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So what is the difference between a Sonoff TH and Pow? Could I potentially change one into the other?

Specifically adding the "pow" functions to the TH that is.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
So what is the difference between a Sonoff TH and Pow? Could I potentially change one into the other?

Specifically adding the "pow" functions to the TH that is.
Pretty sure there would be hardware differences - the pow would need voltmeters/ammeters etc built in. I don't think the TH has those?

feo

Honorary Master
Seems like the gate is too far away for the Sonoff to get WiFi, now I probably have to look at putting an AP outside.

But even the physical button wasn't working, is that not supposed to work even if the Sonoff is not connected to WiFi?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Pretty sure there would be hardware differences - the pow would need voltmeters/ammeters etc built in. I don't think the TH has those?
Yeah I would imagine the same thing but they look virtually identical at a quick glance.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Seems like the gate is too far away for the Sonoff to get WiFi, now I probably have to look at putting an AP outside.

But even the physical button wasn't working, is that not supposed to work even if the Sonoff is not connected to WiFi?
Yeah the physical button should be working I believe.

Did you test the "button" on the motor itself first though? By bridging the two pins? I would eliminate that first to make sure it's the Sonoff being an issue.

Also you can try putting your closest AP into 20hz mode and see if it helps. I only get about 40% signal at my front gate.

feo

Honorary Master
Yeah the physical button should be working I believe.

Did you test the "button" on the motor itself first though? By bridging the two pins? I would eliminate that first to make sure it's the Sonoff being an issue.

Also you can try putting your closest AP into 20hz mode and see if it helps. I only get about 40% signal at my front gate.
Yeah, I bridged the com and trig pins and it opened the gate. Although I had to leave it there for almost a full second for it to work. (might have to increase the pulse time on this Sonoff from 0.5s to 1s)

20hz mode does what? Extend the signal further?

feo

Honorary Master
Yeah 20hz has more range.

Increase the Pulsetime is a good start.
Ok I'll play around with UniFi tonight and see because there's a plethora of settings on Ubiquiti APs.

It's quite far though, I'll be shocked if it makes it to the gate.

Recallza

Hey peeps, Just a quick question with regards to Sonoff and Geyser. I want to link a sonoff device to my geyser but I'm unsure if it's safe or not.

I know the Sonoff Basic will not work, but what about the Sonoff POW R2?

MEIOT

Expert Member
Hey peeps, Just a quick question with regards to Sonoff and Geyser. I want to link a sonoff device to my geyser but I'm unsure if it's safe or not.

I have a POW2 hooked up to my geyser. Works splendidly. Might want to check the max amperage on your geyser though - if it exceeds the POW2 rating then it won't work for your use case of course

Recallza

I have a POW2 hooked up to my geyser. Works splendidly. Might want to check the max amperage on your geyser though - if it exceeds the POW2 rating then it won't work for your use case of course
Not too good at electronics, so no idea what the max amperage would be, but I'll have a look see. I stay in a 2 bedroom apartment, so I'm pretty sure it'll be fine.

Thanks for confirming :)

MEIOT

Expert Member
Not too good at electronics, so no idea what the max amperage would be, but I'll have a look see. I stay in a 2 bedroom apartment, so I'm pretty sure it'll be fine.

Check your geyser model online if possible. Must be a spec sheet online somewhere

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep

I must receive 5 calls a day about geyser control.

We have a brilliant product coming from Shelly - if they get their act together!

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I must receive 5 calls a day about geyser control.

We have a brilliant product coming from Shelly - if they get their act together!
Thats partly my concern so far....

They stormed onto the market around a year ago (from memory), but then have been relatively quiet since then...

Their products seem to be a step above the Sonoffs in terms of what they bring to the table, if we could get our hands on them.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Thats partly my concern so far....

They stormed onto the market around a year ago (from memory), but then have been relatively quiet since then...

Their products seem to be a step above the Sonoffs in terms of what they bring to the table, if we could get our hands on them.
It's certification unfortunately... But most of their stuff has been released.

Now if only they'd ship my order so I can give you the guys the goodies!