Home Automation - Smartkit

mtlost

Mine is a Texecom. I've studied the manual and the outputs can show arm/disarm. I need to go in the roof and see whats connected.
What texecom panel do you have? The premier panels has 8 outputs you can program. If you have a LED showing the Armed status, you can use that output.

I miss having a texecom, I'm stuck with a damn paradox in the new house. :cautious:

abudabi

Expert Member
IDS X64 has this:

The programmable output circuitry consists of a 12V source with a 56 series resistor. Current sink is via a 1, 000  resistor to ground. The maximum output voltage is 13.6Vdc. The maximum output current is 25mA. Programmable outputs are primarily connected for radio transmitter. However, they are also used for connecting, LEDs, sirens, bus-wired peripherals, etc.
What smartie stuff would I be able to do with that (if anything)

skefda

What texecom panel do you have? The premier panels has 8 outputs you can program. If you have a LED showing the Armed status, you can use that output.

I miss having a texecom, I'm stuck with a damn paradox in the new house. :cautious:
I think it's the Premier 412. I don't have a LED for armed status so I need to spend some more time up there and see whats what. Hopefully it's straight forward.

MKos

Nope, but it's tuya, so basically the same as 90% of the other Wifi light switches coming from China.
Thanks. New to automation I'm just looking to use them with my Google home hub to automate my lights. Is it better to not use the stuff from China? It's difficult to find these type of physical switches locally which don't cost like 700 each.

mtlost

Thanks. New to automation I'm just looking to use them with my Google home hub to automate my lights. Is it better to not use the stuff from China? It's difficult to find these type of physical switches locally which don't cost like 700 each.
Tuya stuff is compatible with google home and alexa. You can also add all the stuff to home assistant where you can mix and match various technologies and platforms, all in one awesome platform.

Some things like plugs, lights etc are flash-able with custom firmware, bypassing the Chinese servers.

99% of the automation stuff comes from there anyway, so you will have a difficult time not use stuff from China.

abudabi

Expert Member
You should be able to use the outputs to indicate alarm status, zone status etc. I do not know IDS at all, so not sure what option they have.
Cool, thanks.

What about inputs... I'm guessing you can only use wahtever functionality the panel allowes you to do via the zone triggers?

mtlost

Cool, thanks.

What about inputs... I'm guessing you can only use wahtever functionality the panel allowes you to do via the zone triggers?
The inputs can detect high/low and some panels even detect various high levels (for example tamper, alarm etc has different voltages). PIRs, door magnets etc are essentially just a switch, so if you can simulate a relay/switch, you can connect it to your alarm panel on the input and these can then be used to trigger the alarm, panic, arm/disarm etc.

My experience is with texecom systems, so I'm not sure if all systems has this functionality but my guess is most will.

MKos

Tuya stuff is compatible with google home and alexa. You can also add all the stuff to home assistant where you can mix and match various technologies and platforms, all in one awesome platform.

Some things like plugs, lights etc are flash-able with custom firmware, bypassing the Chinese servers.

99% of the automation stuff comes from there anyway, so you will have a difficult time not use stuff from China.
Thanks man.

skefda

How would I go about programming an output for my requirements? I've been reading the manual on these Texecom units and it's as clear as mud. Also, is this something that can interface with the GPIO on the Sonoff SV? I've only ever used the GPIO on the SV with reed switches for my gate and garage and that was straight forward.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Is it possible in Node Red (or even Home Assistant directly) to pass the result itself into a message?

Basic example to monitor all switches and then send a message via iOS to say “{switch} is offline”.

Instead of creating a routine for each and every one.

mtlost

How would I go about programming an output for my requirements? I've been reading the manual on these Texecom units and it's as clear as mud. Also, is this something that can interface with the GPIO on the Sonoff SV? I've only ever used the GPIO on the SV with reed switches for my gate and garage and that was straight forward.
Yeah, in my opinion it's a way better system than the paradox, but their manuals is not as user friendly as the paradox manuals. I use to use the software and USB cable to program the panel, so can't comment on programming from the keypad.

The thing to check between the panel output and the SV inputs is that the panel output level is not a higher voltage than what the SV can accept on it's inputs. If the output is higher you will have to use a resistor network of level translator to change the logic levels.

skefda

Is it possible in Node Red (or even Home Assistant directly) to pass the result itself into a message?

Basic example to monitor all switches and then send a message via iOS to say “{switch} is offline”.

Not sure if you've seen this?

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-pass-a-variable-through-a-service-call-within-the-data-field-in-node-red/120173/2

This is something i've been wanting to apply for some time now. But haven't had the time to look at it.

patrick123

Expert Member

Yes, it is possible. You use a wildcard.

The wildcard section.

patrick123

Expert Member
And what does the notify section look like?

Maybe if you don’t mind posting the content of each node, then it should be obvious for me to understand and implement.
Apologies, here is the rest. I added the "Get friendly name" into my previous post.

JSON:
{
    "message": "{{payload}}",
    "data": {
        "type": "announce"
    },
    "target": [
        "media_player.patrick_s_dot",
        "media_player.kitchen_dot"
    ]
}
here is the code if you want to import it onto a flow page.

Code:
[{"id":"d680dd62.92401","type":"server-state-changed","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Has a Gate Opened or Closed","server":"378bb7a2.0cc518","version":1,"entityidfilter":"binary_sensor.*_gate","entityidfiltertype":"regex","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"habool","haltifstate":"true","halt_if_type":"bool","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":2,"output_only_on_state_change":true,"x":181.5,"y":163,"wires":[["3e560f70.675c4"],["476f7ab5.1fcdf4"]]},{"id":"eb4ba96a.dae348","type":"api-call-service","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Notify via Lounge and Kitchen Alexa","server":"378bb7a2.0cc518","version":1,"service_domain":"notify","service":"alexa_media","entityId":"","data":"{\"message\":\"{{payload}}\",\"data\":{\"type\":\"announce\"},\"target\":[\"media_player.patrick_s_dot\",\"media_player.kitchen_dot\"]}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":1133.5,"y":246,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"476f7ab5.1fcdf4","type":"template","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Get the closed gate name","field":"payload","fieldType":"msg","format":"handlebars","syntax":"mustache","template":"{{data.new_state.attributes.friendly_name}} has closed.","output":"str","x":503,"y":204,"wires":[["ae83e126.75ff1"]]},{"id":"3e560f70.675c4","type":"template","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Get the opened gate name","field":"payload","fieldType":"msg","format":"handlebars","syntax":"mustache","template":"{{data.new_state.attributes.friendly_name}} has opened.","output":"str","x":508.5,"y":90,"wires":[["ae83e126.75ff1"]]},{"id":"f375ec85.8814","type":"inject","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":147.5,"y":297,"wires":[["25a70580.e322ca"]]},{"id":"25a70580.e322ca","type":"change","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"This is testing the lounge as well as the kitchen units. Testing 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":486.5,"y":316,"wires":[["ae83e126.75ff1"]]},{"id":"ae83e126.75ff1","type":"api-current-state","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Don't Announce Gate Status","server":"378bb7a2.0cc518","version":1,"outputs":2,"halt_if":"false","halt_if_type":"bool","halt_if_compare":"is","override_topic":false,"entity_id":"input_boolean.gate_announcements","state_type":"habool","state_location":"","override_payload":"none","entity_location":"","override_data":"none","blockInputOverrides":false,"x":831.5,"y":179,"wires":[[],["eb4ba96a.dae348"]]},{"id":"378bb7a2.0cc518","type":"server","z":"","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"hassio":false,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true}]

patrick123

Expert Member
And what does the notify section look like?

Maybe if you don’t mind posting the content of each node, then it should be obvious for me to understand and implement.
I also check whether announcements must be made with an input boolean variable, used for garden service or the odd functions.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Apologies, here is the rest. I added the "Get friendly name" into my previous post.

View attachment 751878

JSON:
{
"message": "{{payload}}",
"data": {
"type": "announce"
},
"target": [
"media_player.patrick_s_dot",
"media_player.kitchen_dot"
]
}
here is the code if you want to import it onto a flow page.

Code:
[{"id":"d680dd62.92401","type":"server-state-changed","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Has a Gate Opened or Closed","server":"378bb7a2.0cc518","version":1,"entityidfilter":"binary_sensor.*_gate","entityidfiltertype":"regex","outputinitially":false,"state_type":"habool","haltifstate":"true","halt_if_type":"bool","halt_if_compare":"is","outputs":2,"output_only_on_state_change":true,"x":181.5,"y":163,"wires":[["3e560f70.675c4"],["476f7ab5.1fcdf4"]]},{"id":"eb4ba96a.dae348","type":"api-call-service","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Notify via Lounge and Kitchen Alexa","server":"378bb7a2.0cc518","version":1,"service_domain":"notify","service":"alexa_media","entityId":"","data":"{\"message\":\"{{payload}}\",\"data\":{\"type\":\"announce\"},\"target\":[\"media_player.patrick_s_dot\",\"media_player.kitchen_dot\"]}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":1133.5,"y":246,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"476f7ab5.1fcdf4","type":"template","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Get the closed gate name","field":"payload","fieldType":"msg","format":"handlebars","syntax":"mustache","template":"{{data.new_state.attributes.friendly_name}} has closed.","output":"str","x":503,"y":204,"wires":[["ae83e126.75ff1"]]},{"id":"3e560f70.675c4","type":"template","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Get the opened gate name","field":"payload","fieldType":"msg","format":"handlebars","syntax":"mustache","template":"{{data.new_state.attributes.friendly_name}} has opened.","output":"str","x":508.5,"y":90,"wires":[["ae83e126.75ff1"]]},{"id":"f375ec85.8814","type":"inject","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":147.5,"y":297,"wires":[["25a70580.e322ca"]]},{"id":"25a70580.e322ca","type":"change","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"This is testing the lounge as well as the kitchen units. Testing 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":486.5,"y":316,"wires":[["ae83e126.75ff1"]]},{"id":"ae83e126.75ff1","type":"api-current-state","z":"b6caae64.0d8ea","name":"Don't Announce Gate Status","server":"378bb7a2.0cc518","version":1,"outputs":2,"halt_if":"false","halt_if_type":"bool","halt_if_compare":"is","override_topic":false,"entity_id":"input_boolean.gate_announcements","state_type":"habool","state_location":"","override_payload":"none","entity_location":"","override_data":"none","blockInputOverrides":false,"x":831.5,"y":179,"wires":[[],["eb4ba96a.dae348"]]},{"id":"378bb7a2.0cc518","type":"server","z":"","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"hassio":false,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true}]
Awesome.

This will help me reduce the complexity and quantity of quite a few things.