Home Automation - Smartkit

Hi folks, what free dynamic DNS service are you using to access your HA set up from outside your network? I see that DynDNSi is no longer free.
 
Hi folks, what free dynamic DNS service are you using to access your HA set up from outside your network? I see that DynDNSi is no longer free.

I use a combination of CloudFlare (free version) and https://dns.he.net/

CloudFlare was a bit of a mission, but you can do it from a linux machine. HE.net is easier, can even do it from a mikrotik.

But in both cases, I have my own domains, which is why those work for me.
 
Duck DNS, with a duck DNS docker running on unraid. Cname from my own domain to the duck DNS name.
 
I use a VPN to home
Not exposing this stuff to the internet...
 
All done, cable is in the wall, just need to get one of those Veti things for power. Good bye old door phone.
14cf9f73d2d562fb34dcb1ffd524587d.jpg
 
Okay as my first foray into this Smart thing forgive me if I ask a daft question.

I plan to install more wall panel heaters in the and wanted to go the obvious choice of buying more expensive timer plugs.

Then it struck me that surely all I need is this Sonoff Basic on each of the heaters?

Is that really all I need because it seems so stupidly cheap in comparison and I wonder if I'm missing something?
 
Okay as my first foray into this Smart thing forgive me if I ask a daft question.

I plan to install more wall panel heaters in the and wanted to go the obvious choice of buying more expensive timer plugs.

Then it struck me that surely all I need is this Sonoff Basic on each of the heaters?

Is that really all I need because it seems so stupidly cheap in comparison and I wonder if I'm missing something?
I would personally switch a 220v relay from the sonoff and have the heater connected to it.
 
Had a look at the relay and it's really small.
But if the current rating of the heater is less than 10 amps then I guess it's ok.
 
I think the those wall panel heaters are only 300/400W so will be fine on a sonoff. There's a Sonoff TH to which you can connect a temp probe and have it be "automatic" with ewelink or put some smarts in with tasmota/mqtt.
 
I think the those wall panel heaters are only 300/400W so will be fine on a sonoff. There's a Sonoff TH to which you can connect a temp probe and have it be "automatic" with ewelink or put some smarts in with tasmota/mqtt.
Yeah 400w.

So there is no Sonoff that does the temperate all by itself? What does a probe like that cost?

And if one does on automatic like that can you do that inside a given time setting or is it one or the other.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X