Yeah the garage remotes have rolling or dynamic code security - they probably won't work with the bridge.What about just hooking up some of the Sonoff LV to the door motors as well?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Yeah the garage remotes have rolling or dynamic code security - they probably won't work with the bridge.What about just hooking up some of the Sonoff LV to the door motors as well?
I have very old remotes that don't have rolling codes based on the research I've done.Yeah the garage remotes have rolling or dynamic code security - they probably won't work with the bridge.
It's generally pretty easy. Positive, negative, normally a seperate ground and then a "signal". Same as any other remote receiver. Not sure about state but you might be able to hook up a reed switch sensor to a gpio with tasmota. Non rolling code receivers aren't very secure.
Not worth spending the extra bucks on Opengarage?
Your logic is much the same as mine then.I'm not an expert, so maybe there's a better way. I would connect the red 12V to the red input, the black GND to the black input and the black "output", the blue trigger to the red output.
Alternatively you could use a dedicated power supply to the Sonoff then just connect the output side exactly the same as a "wall switch" on the garage motor.![]()
![]()
How much?I'm going the Qwikswitch route regarding gate and garage door automation. I'm getting 2x 12V pulse relays and those will be connected in parallel to the existing receivers and door sensors installed both at the gate and garage door to monitor whether it is open or closed. The relays are super easy to connect as the existing ET receivers have also have N/O, COM, L and N (4 wires) leading to the control boards respectively, so just hook up the wires according to the diagrams and you should be set. I'll be doing that next month.
Came on to the network first time.
Are you sure you got the network details right, in the right place in the config files?
The basics were easiest! The rf was a pita.
Eish.Maybe forth time lucky... already broke the switch off one![]()