Home Automation - Smartkit

Are these the settings you used?
Flash Mode: DIO
Flash Frequency: 40MHz
Upload Using: Serial
CPU Frequency: 80MHz
Flash Size: 1M (64K SPIFFS)
Debug Port: Disabled
Debug Level: None
Reset Method: ck
Upload Speed: 115200
Port: Your COM port connected to Sonoff

EDIT: Nope - doesn't work either.
 
Last edited:
Reflashing with the original settings worked - weird :/ But finally.
 
Had a similar issue with my Basic when I flashed Tasmota over WiFi. It would disconnect from WiFi every 30 seconds and I couldn't access the configuration page so I ended up having to go the old USB way.

Also broke a button and the green connector came loose lol. I applied some glue with a glue gun at the edges of the connectors and around the switches of all my Sonoffs to keep them firm in place. The soldering on them is a weak spot.
 
Gave myself a nice zap, was a bit distracted, thought I reconnected the 220v to the Basic, instead i was holding the wires in my left hand when I plugged the cable in with my right hand.
 
If this works though I'll probably get the Sonoff RF Bridge to sort out my gate and garage remotes.

I bought the Sonoff RF Bridge, can't get it working with my gate remotes. Have a Centurion D3 gate motor, suspect it's not working on 433mhz frequency.
 
I bought the Sonoff RF Bridge, can't get it working with my gate remotes. Have a Centurion D3 gate motor, suspect it's not working on 433mhz frequency.
I have the ET Blue remotes which are 433mhz and everything I find says they aren't rolling code.

Only the next gen ET Blue appear to be.

But then my alarm receiver unit states rolling code so I'm not sure which side to believe.

Maybe I can take it off your hands for cheap, that would certainly open me up to trying it with less reservation.
 
Gave myself a nice zap, was a bit distracted, thought I reconnected the 220v to the Basic, instead i was holding the wires in my left hand when I plugged the cable in with my right hand.
Ever heard of turning the power off when working with electricity? :)
 
Looks like my problem might have been the one Sonoff Basic was a dud... flashed the others fine, tried the one again - same story... won't come on to the network.
 
And here I was all excited with my echo dots (even got my 3 year old using it to play songs). And you guys come up with this hi tech stuff.

Is there a link or guide for the basics? Not sure if I want to get the harmony hub or go HomeKit since I do have Apple phone, Mac, and Apple TV. Would like to use the dots to turn my kids tv on and off and launch Netflix and a few other kids shows.

Try here, here or here.
 
I have the ET Blue remotes which are 433mhz and everything I find says they aren't rolling code.

Only the next gen ET Blue appear to be.

But then my alarm receiver unit states rolling code so I'm not sure which side to believe.

Maybe I can take it off your hands for cheap, that would certainly open me up to trying it with less reservation.

I have the same remotes. I even bought a 433mhz cloning remote, which is not syncing with my current remotes.

I also bought RF PIR sensors and RF door / window sensors, which works perfectly with the RF Bridge. Unfortunately the RF Bridge doesn't work with IFTTT, so not much you can do with it yet, apart from turning on / off other Sonoff switches.
 
I have the same remotes. I even bought a 433mhz cloning remote, which is not syncing with my current remotes.

I also bought RF PIR sensors and RF door / window sensors, which works perfectly with the RF Bridge. Unfortunately the RF Bridge doesn't work with IFTTT, so not much you can do with it yet, apart from turning on / off other Sonoff switches.

If it's this one then it's because it uses rolling codes.


https://www.mrremote.co.za/product/...MIhObM_-Os2gIVSrftCh14Vg4jEAQYASABEgK9v_D_BwE

I have even older ones.

https://www.mrremote.co.za/product/old-et-plus-dcblue-4-button-remote-transmitter/
 
Last edited:
If I buy the Sonoff RF Bridge, I definitely won't keep the stock firmware on it. It is also one of the easier ones to flash the firmware to something else.

Here is a good read: http://tinkerman.cat/hacking-sonoff-rf-bridge-433/
If it can't learn the remotes I have now is it possible to make the unit itseld just act as a remote and bind it directly the the receivers as an additional "new" remote?
 
If it can't learn the remotes I have now is it possible to make the unit itseld just act as a remote and bind it directly the the receivers as an additional "new" remote?

I dont think so, the receiver would also expect a rolling code signal. The other options you have, is to use a relay that you solder to the remote, then trigger this relay with whichever mechanism you want. Or build your own receiver unit that has a relay that presses the button on the motor controller.

Usually easier to open up a spare remote with a relay attached to it. Also saves you the hassle from figuring out how to connect something to the controller.
 
I dont think so, the receiver would also expect a rolling code signal. The other options you have, is to use a relay that you solder to the remote, then trigger this relay with whichever mechanism you want. Or build your own receiver unit that has a relay that presses the button on the motor controller.

Usually easier to open up a spare remote with a relay attached to it. Also saves you the hassle from figuring out how to connect something to the controller.
Yeah that was my fail over less efficient idea with the 4CH.
 
Ok Sonoff Basics arrived. I must say, they are a little bigger than I expected. Gonna be a squish.

Should have ordered some header pins too.
 
Yeah I guess. Just comparing to a Fibaro dual switch its massive, and i would need 4 in some light switches (or duals which are even bigger). Probably not the best thread to discuss.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X