SD CardBooting of a SD card or HDD?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
SD CardBooting of a SD card or HDD?
Awesome thanks. And the connection is the same as the r3 Basic? input will be the wires from the Circuit breaker at the DB board, and output will be the wires going to the geyser.Rather don't, the POW R2 is built for that type of thing.
Running a POW R2 with one of my geysers. Has enough juice in it to handle a 2kW geyser element. The R3 would only be able to handle something under 2kW. My electrician said that the smart switch should have 25% more amperage rating than the geyser's max for safety.
Thanks - found it from @BetaProjectMaybe this?
Light Sensor TSL2561
Visible and infrared Light sensor. Buy online from Electrothing.electrothing.co.za
Check out MicroRobotics
There a big difference between the 3 & 4? How noticeable? How much RAM did you go for on the Pi4?SD Card
If you get the DIN Rail you can install it in the DB board. Just 100% confirm its 3kW or less.Awesome thanks. And the connection is the same as the r3 Basic? input will be the wires from the Circuit breaker at the DB board, and output will be the wires going to the geyser.
i would prefer to install it as close to the DB board as possible.
I opted for 4GB RAM on the new Pi4. It has DDR4 RAM which makes a huge difference. I use MariaDB on my HASS to store all the recorder data. On the old Pi3b+ it could take anywhere up to 15 seconds to show me the logbook. Now it loads in less than 2 seconds.There a big difference between the 3 & 4? How noticeable? How much RAM did you go for on the Pi4?
Good to hear, I ordered the 4GB version. Just need a quality Type-C cable to power the thing. Will try over December somewhere between all the other planned tasks to see if I can move the DB to an external drive, saving the SD card from the continues read/write cycles.I opted for 4GB RAM on the new Pi4. It has DDR4 RAM which makes a huge difference. I use MariaDB on my HASS to store all the recorder data. On the old Pi3b+ it could take anywhere up to 15 seconds to show me the logbook. Now it loads in less than 2 seconds.![]()
Been considering moving my DB also. Will also try do it over December time...... hopefully!Good to hear, I ordered the 4GB version. Just need a quality Type-C cable to power the thing. Will try over December somewhere between all the other planned tasks to see if I can move the DB to an external drive, saving the SD card from the continues read/write cycles.

Gosh. Haven't seen one of these since 2018.Installed this today for my garage door. Works well. Arrived in 3 weeks which left me shocked.![]()
I wish I knew they were aroundGosh. Haven't seen one of these since 2018.
They were discontinued a year ago, so they're no around I'm afraid.I wish I knew they were around
Does anyone here own the GeeWiz Wifi Smart Plug? If so, how has your experience with it when using Google Home. Thinking of getting this on GeeWiz's Black Friday Deal https://www.geewiz.co.za/smart-home...d-works-with-google-home-and-amazon-echo.html
I would NOT plug a kettle into that.It’s just a Sonoff Basic wired to a plug.
Nothing special and should work just fine.
It's only 10A. Generally recommended for lighting.Does anyone here own the GeeWiz Wifi Smart Plug? If so, how has your experience with it when using Google Home. Thinking of getting this on GeeWiz's Black Friday Deal https://www.geewiz.co.za/smart-home...d-works-with-google-home-and-amazon-echo.html
So using it to turn on and off my laptop and wireless chargers wouldn't be recommended?It's only 10A. Generally recommended for lighting.
Wireless chargers are okay, I'd check on the amps for the laptop.So using it to turn on and off my laptop and wireless chargers wouldn't be recommended?