Home Automation - Smartkit

We can keep this going ...

But I know I've asked a question and when I come here a few hours later, it's tough to get the answers. Others have asked me something and I miss it entirely - lucky for PM :)

Anyway we can monitor for a few months and change back to the original.

What is the thread limit here ? I know some have a Part 2 and Part 3

Would certainly make referring someone to a thing more easy.

I can’t find posts I’ve made myself in this thread, but a thread I created or commented in would be easier.
 
Do you guys have any issue seeing the subsection on the app (Android)?
 
Nope! Incorrect, and it does not cost you a cent.

You simply install the Alexa Media Player addon, and the lines below in your configuration.yaml.


YAML:
alexa:
  smart_home:

alexa_media:
  accounts:
    - email: !secret amazon_user
      password: !secret alexa_password
      url: 'amazon.com'


The top 2 lines allow Alexa to discover virtually everything in HA that can be switched as a switch device.

The bottom config. allows you to send messages, play routines, etc. on Alexa from HA.

That above can cater for 99% of most what you would need.

Im struggling to get the above working.
I added the config.yaml changes, but have no idea where to go from there.
I have no new entities as a result, and at a bit of a loss.

Any advice?
 
Im struggling to get the above working.
I added the config.yaml changes, but have no idea where to go from there.
I have no new entities as a result, and at a bit of a loss.

Any advice?
Post your configuration.yaml here. remember to redact the sensitive info.
 
Post your configuration.yaml here. remember to redact the sensitive info.
Sure thing, here you go :)
YAML:
homeassistant:
  name: !secret name
  latitude: !secret latitude
  longitude: !secret longitude
  elevation: !secret elevation
  unit_system: metric
  time_zone: Africa/Johannesburg
  customize: !include customize.yaml

mqtt:
  broker: !secret mqtt_broker
  username: !secret mqtt_username
  password: !secret mqtt_password
  discovery: true
  birth_message:
    topic: 'hass/status'
    payload: 'online'
  will_message:
    topic: 'hass/status'
    payload: 'offline'

#Zigbee Settings
input_boolean:
  zigbee_permit_join:
    name: Allow devices to join
    initial: off
    icon: mdi:cellphone-wireless
timer:
  zigbee_permit_join:
    name: Time remaining
    duration: 600

frontend:

config:

updater:

sun:

discovery:

history:

system_health:

homekit:

owntracks:
  max_gps_accuracy: 200

device_tracker:
  - platform: bluetooth_tracker
    interval_seconds: 15
    consider_home: 120
    track_new_devices: no

speedtestdotnet:
  server_id: 6591
  scan_interval:
    hours: 12

zigbee2mqtt_networkmap:
   #topic: your topic (optional, default zigbee2mqtt)

hacs:
  token: !secret HACS_github
  appdaemon: true
  python_script: true
  theme: true

alexa:
  smart_home:

alexa_media:
  accounts:
    - email: !secret amazon_user
      password: !secret alexa_password
      url: 'amazon.com'
    
#panel_iframe: !include panels/panels.yaml
panel_iframe: !include_dir_merge_named panels/
group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include_dir_merge_list automations/
script: !include_dir_merge_named scripts/
sensor: !include_dir_merge_list sensors/
switch: !include switch.yaml
light: !include light.yaml
zone: !include zones.yaml
camera: !include camera.yaml
 
Sure thing, here you go :)
YAML:
homeassistant:
  name: !secret name
  latitude: !secret latitude
  longitude: !secret longitude
  elevation: !secret elevation
  unit_system: metric
  time_zone: Africa/Johannesburg
  customize: !include customize.yaml

mqtt:
  broker: !secret mqtt_broker
  username: !secret mqtt_username
  password: !secret mqtt_password
  discovery: true
  birth_message:
    topic: 'hass/status'
    payload: 'online'
  will_message:
    topic: 'hass/status'
    payload: 'offline'

#Zigbee Settings
input_boolean:
  zigbee_permit_join:
    name: Allow devices to join
    initial: off
    icon: mdi:cellphone-wireless
timer:
  zigbee_permit_join:
    name: Time remaining
    duration: 600

frontend:

config:

updater:

sun:

discovery:

history:

system_health:

homekit:

owntracks:
  max_gps_accuracy: 200

device_tracker:
  - platform: bluetooth_tracker
    interval_seconds: 15
    consider_home: 120
    track_new_devices: no

speedtestdotnet:
  server_id: 6591
  scan_interval:
    hours: 12

zigbee2mqtt_networkmap:
   #topic: your topic (optional, default zigbee2mqtt)

hacs:
  token: !secret HACS_github
  appdaemon: true
  python_script: true
  theme: true

alexa:
  smart_home:

alexa_media:
  accounts:
    - email: !secret amazon_user
      password: !secret alexa_password
      url: 'amazon.com'
   
#panel_iframe: !include panels/panels.yaml
panel_iframe: !include_dir_merge_named panels/
group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include_dir_merge_list automations/
script: !include_dir_merge_named scripts/
sensor: !include_dir_merge_list sensors/
switch: !include switch.yaml
light: !include light.yaml
zone: !include zones.yaml
camera: !include camera.yaml
I assume that you added the Alexa media player via the HACS system.

It should have given you a notification for verification. Did this happen?
 
It didnt, but will keep looking. Maybe i made a mistake somewhere :(
You should have received a notification on HA which once opened, would be a captcha puzzle for you to enter to complete the verification.

Maybe post your log here.
 
If you want to add Z-Wave based sensors to HA, you could take a look at the Aeon Labs USB stick. Much cheaper than a Z-Wave hub.

Has anyone ordered fron Zinteldo yet?
Ordered a Z-wave stick on the 4th of December only got mailed an invoice with a cell number on it but no one answers and only replies to WhatsApp messages but not really answering my questions, getting the feeling I just wasted my money.
 
Can anyone advise on connecting a SV here?
fe8d6afcfe501170c6a59414c514500c.jpg
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X