Horlicks

UrBaN963

Executive Member
Yes she does.

I have been googling for a bit, can't find anywhere local that stocks it.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The date is 2017 April 03 and I was just informed by "Brenda" at Customer Care at GSK HQ in Bryanston that Horlicks is not being imported to the RSA anymore because of "supplier issues" with the producers in Britain who is not exporting the product to this country anymore - no reasons are being supplied.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
I read an article last week that GSK is focusing on certain "power brands", that is their sensodyne toothpaste, some antiinflammatory brand, and so on. Horlicks has taken a massive backseat in their portfolio due to room for growth. I think Horlicks may only be available in India where the factory is.
It's quite a turn around for the Horlicks brand which they remarketed in 2014/2015.

My grandmother is a 5 decade Horlicks addict, she's now switched to Ensure.

Ps, I have one unopened Horlicks left (I usually buy bulk of certain products), at least I still have 12kg of unopened original Milo.

Suspect99

Expert Member
I read an article last week that GSK is focusing on certain "power brands", that is their sensodyne toothpaste, some antiinflammatory brand, and so on. Horlicks has taken a massive backseat in their portfolio due to room for growth. I think Horlicks may only be available in India where the factory is.
It's quite a turn around for the Horlicks brand which they remarketed in 2014/2015.

My grandmother is a 5 decade Horlicks addict, she's now switched to Ensure.

Ps, I have one unopened Horlicks left (I usually buy bulk of certain products), at least I still have 12kg of unopened original Milo.
Yoh original Milo. the new Milo is crap.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Yoh original Milo. the new Milo is crap.
Amen brother. I confronted nestle about the change in formula, just got the usual 'sorry you are not happy with the new Milo, kthxbye'.
The new one is just nestle hot chocolate with a bit of malt added. Sugar content has increased 3x that of the original.

Dr.DieBrein

I saw this thread a while ago, and I just saw Horlicks in PnP in Pinelands Cape Town. It's got a sticker on it that says "Imported by PnP)