How Do I find out where a site is hosted

metalcore

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
751
Reaction score
1
I would like to know how I can find out at exactly which ISP a website is hosted. Maybe this is a stupid question?
 
ip-adress.com is one place to start.
 
Are you referring to whois information?

Perhaps take a look at http://who.is

It will show you a lot of information about quite a number of TLD domains.
Give me more information about what domains you want to check, like if it is .co.za or not and I will provide you with the correct site to go check it on :)
 
Yeah, just use a WhoIs service, either local or international should show the registrar as well as the customer's details.
 
Take a look at the domain name server records. Normally points to the Web hosting name server if they got he domain through them and are not hosting their own name server records. Otherwise who is is a bit easier
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X