How do I join 2 Huawei B683 routers together as one network?

viperza

New Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I know this has been asked but maybe someone new has joined and has not seen the other post before.

I have 2 Huawei B683 3G routers and 1 sim.

I want to extend the wireless network in my house as the walls are very thick and double story and one router just doesn't suffice.

I am not sure if I should make one a gateway or even if I can. I have tried to join them via LAN cable but I think I might be missing a setting or something.
Do I make the none simed one a bridge?


Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
This is interesting, as I don't see any option to bridge two wireless networks. You can try to put both devices on the same LAN segment (read below), connect using cable.

Device #1:
Default configuration with SIM card

Device #2: (works as a switch on the LAN)
- connect WEB browser to management page by cable
- disable cellular (set dialing to manual)
- disable DHCP
- disable WiFi (for now, you can change later)
- change IP address to 192.168.1.2 (static IP, as I don't think it will try to acquire dynamic address and you would need to access management page later by known IP address anyway)
- disconnect PC, restart router
- connect #2 to #1 by cable
- connect all PC devices by cable

If above works, connect WEB browser to #2, configure WiFi on different channel than #1
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X