How do you unlock your smartphone?

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
What security option (password, fingerprint, pattern, etc.) do you use to unlock your smartphone?

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Thumbprints are easily copied. I opted for a phallic glans print. More secure. Thieves wouldn't even think about this. It does make unlocking the device in public a tad inconvenient.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Thumbprints are easily copied. I opted for a phallic glans print. More secure. Thieves wouldn't even think about this. It does make unlocking the device in public a tad inconvenient.
Wait...so you unlock your phone and then raise it to your mouth.....:D

Nithan15

Expert Member
Gives new meaning to sitting on the phone

R4ziel

Expert Member
I just swipe right (or left because its android) with no code or anything. I have nothing to hide, and if stolen the phone can be wiped before the idiot gets to anything important

phone is setup for iris, fingerprint and pattern.

depending on where i am (indoors, outdoors), or how i am holding the phone, i'll do one of the three....

BUT, i just added my Gear S2 as part of the smartlock device... so now while my watch is connected to my device, the phone is unlocked.... and the fingerprint unlock still works while the phone is essentially unlocked.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Unlock phone? Why lock it in the first place? That's like having separate user and root accounts on your pc.