How much data do you use?

LandyMan

Honorary Master
About 500Gb per month on Fibre. Mobile around 2 Gb, no idea how much from the office WiFi :)

krycor

Honorary Master
+/- 300 - 350GB

Things that impact this are
1. Holidays: if kiddie and I are both home during holiday so 2x tvs streaming 720 to HD/1080p content at the same time more frequently.
2. Downloading/Uploading.. I don't but e.g. Office has not had Fibre for a month or more so my notebook synchronization is more costly.
3. Software Updates.. iOS/watchOS/macOS etc seem to happen at the same month or security updates..
4. Return from a travel.. = Mass upload of photos and video.
5. A lot traffic offenders caught on camera = some more time lapse videos uploaded. with short segments. (I stopped doing hd video which worked out too bandwidth intensive).

Azg

Expert Member
+/- 300 - 350GB

Things that impact this are
1. Holidays: if kiddie and I are both home during holiday so 2x tvs streaming 720 to HD/1080p content at the same time more frequently.
2. Downloading/Uploading.. I don't but e.g. Office has not had Fibre for a month or more so my notebook synchronization is more costly.
3. Software Updates.. iOS/watchOS/macOS etc seem to happen at the same month or security updates..
4. Return from a travel.. = Mass upload of photos and video.
5. A lot traffic offenders caught on camera = some more time lapse videos uploaded. with short segments. (I stopped doing hd video which worked out too bandwidth intensive).
No 5 - do you work for the Traffic police?

krycor

Honorary Master
No 5 - do you work for the Traffic police?
No.. I have a low tolerance for morons including those on the road. Me reporting them is me being nice.. as personally I think removing them from the gene pool is the best approach for public safety but apparently we’d lose most public transit, delivery and execs & their families.. which is bad for the economy.

But seriously though.. you drive badly when I happen to be around in northern Jhb on road and you will get a surprise call from JMPD. I am actually in the process of sorting out a spreadsheet with offense codes so that when I report it’s even faster along with playing with AI to auto detect incidences (longer term goal).

So I normally send trip vid, incidence clip, number plate still, location, date & time, vehicle reg + make + model, offense.. I want to send AARTO code too as I then can do a calc on cost too as I like stats. Also repeat offenders are a thing as people drive to work and back along same path.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Use a **** load of data at home, so on uncapped ADSL - no fiber :( :( :(

3 TV's streaming 720 or 1080, 3 PC's playing games, 4 cellphones on wi-fi and a tablet.

EADC

Expert Member
I have no idea ISP doesn't measure neither do I, don't really care

SpliceGold

I use around 100gb to 120gb. Depending on how much I stream and how many games I download for Xbox.

McT

The Humble Scot!
No idea. Since I went with CISP and uncapped, I no longer monitor usage. To be honest, I think I have forgotten how to :oops:

gottagoon

Only around 3Gb per month on my phone. Enough for checking the news and WhatsApp and surfing interesting sites etc.

Budza

Executive Member
Unshaped, uncapped.

ISP doesn't have a measure I can see, so I have no idea.

Likely <1TB, on a 10/5 fibre connection.

Torrents etc set to run after hours so it doesn't affect me. Doubt the ISP cares then either.

Photo uploads etc I keep for when there's nobody home- those take a LONG time and kill my connection.