How much pollution does a car produce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollar
Their funding should be of concern to you - they're an interest group whose sole concern is to protect the interests of an oil company. It's thus very likely that they will present skewed information, if not outright misinformation.
Since the funding is of great concern to BlueCollar, maybe it is a good idea to provide the findings of a source that outrightly declares it did not receive any funding from the oil companies...
Secondly it sole intention was not investigating global warming...

Death of Global Warming

Or is it possible that a hoax concerning global warming is floating around?

Warning! Warning! Warning!

EDIT:
Toxibunny you are baffled for me being banned from the PD-section. Well it was for apparent "trolling"...
Pointless to comment in a biased environment accept my fate...:) thx baai.

Last edited:

BCO

Honorary Master
Since the funding is of great concern to BlueCollar, maybe it is a good idea to provide the findings of a source that outrightly declares it did not receive any funding from the oil companies...
Secondly it sole intention was not investigating global warming...

Death of Global Warming

Or is it possible that a hoax concerning global warming is floating around?

Warning! Warning! Warning!
What exactly is your point?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
My guess is he doesn't have one. He's getting soundly beaten here, like he did in PD so its back to trying the BS baffles brains concept.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Well isn't that just typical of you dodo.

Both of the authors of that "column" are journalists, and not scientists of any kind at all. So you'll believe journalists over people who have been studying the subject for their whole lives?

Well isn't that just typical of you dodo.

Both of the authors of that "column" are journalists, and not scientists of any kind at all. So you'll believe journalists over people who have been studying the subject for their whole lives?
The two jounalists were obviously lambasted in the comments, funny that mankind are quick to take responsibility for climate change but refuse to take responsibility for their gifted "free will"...really a joke...:sick::eek::(

At least there is reference to some literature...
global warming the myth

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
wtf are you on about?

1 author of that book is an Electrical engineer and physist and the other is an agricultural economist. Yet again, leading authorities to be commentating on the Global warming debate.

Try again dodo

wtf are you on about?

1 author of that book is an Electrical engineer and physist and the other is an agricultural economist. Yet again, leading authorities to be commentating on the Global warming debate.

Try again dodo
:sick::sick: try to please you? no way...:rolleyes:

EDIT:
As you are so concerned about qualifications... I have an Owners Manual for human beings... you know that type of books you receive when buying your car... Apply the rules in the book and your vehicle last, do your own thing lose the guarantee and the vehicle is fcked

Last edited:
who said anything about pleasing me?

Just try to find sources that are credible in some way.
EDIT:
As you are so concerned about qualifications... I have an Owners Manual for human beings... you know that type of books you receive when buying your car... Apply the rules in the book and your vehicle last, do your own thing lose the guarantee and the vehicle is fcked...

EDIT:
Please find me a court where the testimony of an eye-witness account are not accepted... under any circumstances...

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Please explain to me what exactly that has to do with what is being discussed?

as for the court, if its on a scientific subject, they require "expert" testimony from reliable sources.

Mr TB would you please either debate rationally and stop trying to derail threads when things don't go your way.

BCO

Honorary Master
Lol @ Mr TB. You're really not doing yourself any good in this debate, mate.... just making yourself look silly.

BCO

Honorary Master
Mr. TB's trying his utmost to discredit anthropogenic climate change by posting loads of useless articles.

Geriatrix

Executive Member
:Edit: This link(I posted it in the Eskom thread as a joke but it led me to actually look for something like this. Maybe our engineer forumees can check it out?
http://www.hasslberger.com/tecno/hydrogen.html

Just found this, and apparently there's more like it. But they have a tendency to not become commercial. Might be fake, just posting it cause it seems relevant

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKM4pb9Oxrg"]YouTube - Run you car on water and nothing else.[/ame]

Last edited:

BCO

Honorary Master
It's not possible, AFAIK. It always takes more energy to separate the hydrogen and oxygen in water than you can get back from using the hydrogen as a fuel.

Bernie

Expert Member
Could be v v interesting if it isn't fake.
Seems to be fake.

From randi.org

The FOX video shows Klein holding the tip of the welder between his fingers, which, they marvel, “remains cool to the touch.” Duh! again. Any of this sort of torch acts the same. The tip is cool because the compressed gas, as it decompresses and exits, makes the metal tip cold. It’s only when the mixed gases – hydrogen and oxygen, in this case – burn, that heat is produced, and that happens just beyond the tip. WHERE’S THE MIRACLE HERE? Clearwater’s FOX TV tells us, “No other gas will do this." Wrong, juvenile, and naïve. Add, stupid.
and there is more Link

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I was just about to start digging for this kind of thing.

Obviously the whole bit about the tip being cool was just american sensationalism, as was the bit about as hot as the surface of the sun... no concrete figures are given.

Its a pity, cos I do like the idea of just pouring water into my tank and driving.

Teleological

More skepticism about anthropogenic global warming:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLkze-9GcI"]Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause? - Pt 1 of 4[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN06JSi-SW8"]Climate change - Is CO2 the cause? - Pt 2 of 4[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCXDISLXTaY&feature=related"]Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause? - pt 3 of 4[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQQGFZHSno&feature=related"]Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause?- pt 4 of 4[/ame]