How much pollution does a car produce?

BCO

Honorary Master
Correct me if I'm wrong but when you were "involved" in this discussion awhile back, your "evidence" etc was pretty much universally panned and shown to be rubbish?
Apparently if you present him with valid scientific evidence, you're being snotty and arrogant.

Ahhh yes, that I do remember quite distinctly...

:p
Did Al Gore push the issue and the answer is yes... why because it is to his advantage is it not...
Trek_Mambo was pushing hard for to implicate the USA for the assassination of Bhutto... but he can not deliver a shred of evidence...
Only speculation...but he ran of with it no one stopped him... really...

valid scientific evidence... in your opinion sigh...

Last edited:

BCO

Honorary Master
Did Al Gore push the issue and the answer is yes... why because it is to his advantage is it not...
Trek_Mambo was pushing hard for to implicate the USA for the assassination of Bhutto... but he can not deliver a shred of evidence...
Only speculation...but he ran of with it no one stopped him... really...
?! Gore has a LOT of evidence to back most of his claims. Whether or not he adopted the cause of GW out of genuine concern or for political gain is irrelevant.

?! Gore has a LOT of evidence to back most of his claims. Whether or not he adopted the cause of GW out of genuine concern or for political gain is irrelevant.
Al Gore was a student of one that greatly believed in Global Warming, so really it was not a surprise when he followed the same trend...

This is clear indoctrination ... and we should not indoctrinate the youth with religion and teachings like global warming for instance...

At first it is the communist or red danger..,
then the racial or black danger...,
now the danger of global warming or the green danger?
Keep on frightening the next generation to keep control, that is it?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
No see Mr TB... you cannot equate religion to global warming.

Global warming has evidence to support the theory, religion doesn't.

It has nothing to do with control, and everything to do with surviving on this planet, or are you to short sighted to see that we are harming this planet to the point that in the not too distant future it will destroy humanity.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
No see Mr TB... you cannot equate religion to global warming.

Global warming has evidence to support the theory, religion doesn't.
How on earth do you bring religion into this discussion ? :eek:

It has nothing to do with control, and everything to do with surviving on this planet, or are you to short sighted to see that we are harming this planet to the point that in the not too distant future it will destroy humanity.
How about seeing the documentary The Great Global Warming Swindle, on googlevideo.
There is a problem, but it's being blown way out of proportion.

Ok, let me help you rather :D
[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6772058898203776825"]The Global Warming Swindle[/ame]

74min long.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
IJ : selective reading there?

Did you not read the post above mine where dodo quite clearly brings religion into it.

It may being blown out of proportion at this point in time, I do not deny that is a possibility, BUT getting a handle on it now before it becomes a bigger problem should be a priority for every nation on this planet. and saying global warming is just indoctrination is just poppyc@#k and should not be allowed. We as a species need to learn how to live in harmony with our world instead of abusing it for our own gains.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
IJ : selective reading there?

Did you not read the post above mine where dodo quite clearly brings religion into it.
Ok, sorry about that. I tend to like your posts, and i mean that in all seriousness, so that's why i looked at yours first.

It may being blown out of proportion at this point in time, I do not deny that is a possibility, BUT getting a handle on it now before it becomes a bigger problem should be a priority for every nation on this planet.
i agree.

and saying global warming is just indoctrination is just poppyc@#k and should not be allowed.
Not necessarily indoctrination, but progaganda.

We as a species need to learn how to live in harmony with our world instead of abusing it for our own gains.
Agree.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Ahhh, I feel priviledged, I think....

Propoganda is one thing, and for something like global warming I honestly don't have a problem with propoganda because we as a species are very capable of ignoring something until it is too late, so if its necessary to make it seem more of problem than it really is, I'm all for that approach.

I have seen some houses that are built on a carbon neutral type approach and attempt to self provide as much as possible, and in all honesty they're actually very comfortable inside, maybe even more so than our normal houses are now, and they don't stand out in the surrounding landscape as much.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Ahhh, I feel priviledged, I think....
Don't think, know ! :D

Propoganda is one thing, and for something like global warming I honestly don't have a problem with propoganda because we as a species are very capable of ignoring something until it is too late, so if its necessary to make it seem more of problem than it really is, I'm all for that approach.
In a way it's good, but then you have to separate truth/reality from fiction.

I have seen some houses that are built on a carbon neutral type approach and attempt to self provide as much as possible, and in all honesty they're actually very comfortable inside, maybe even more so than our normal houses are now, and they don't stand out in the surrounding landscape as much.
Do u have information on the carbon neutral approach ? I would like to read more on it.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Ummm I shall have to hunt the site down in my favourites at work, but there is a whole community based on these green ideas and carbon neutral is one of them.. though its definitely NOT cheap in the slightest... and the calculations they use are obviously not entirely accurate.

Ummm I shall have to hunt the site down in my favourites at work, but there is a whole community based on these green ideas and carbon neutral is one of them.. though its definitely NOT cheap in the slightest... and the calculations they use are obviously not entirely accurate.
Propoganda... is nothing more than lying and you approve of lying so you are not trustworthy my friend, sorry to say that...
That for instannce is the way that OJ Simpson who killed his girlfriend was found not guilty by a jury propaganda...
The evidence clearly shows he is guilty... he was even found guilty in a civil court...

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
No, propaganda doesn't mean lying... it means spreading information to support a cause dodo.

You should REALLY learn what a word means before you try and attack it.

You dodo, base your opinions on posters you see in shops, so your opinion means v little to me.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
No, propaganda doesn't mean lying... it means spreading information to support a cause dodo.

You should REALLY learn what a word means before you try and attack it.

You dodo, base your opinions on posters you see in shops, so your opinion means v little to me.
Propaganda does have a lying side, because your creating something else out of what it really is. And therefore not true, to it's "nature" and therefore a lie.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I'd say propaganda is more akin to cherry picking the truth that you want from the facts rather than presenting ALL of the facts...

I am still trying to figure out how supporting propaganda that has a potentially useful outcome makes me untrustworthy, but then I live in the real world and dodo lives in a different one.

Propaganda does have a lying side, because your creating something else out of what it really is. And therefore not true, to it's "nature" and therefore a lie.
Thank you IJ, I equate it with stealing. A person stole R1000= but now I insist he actually stole R1000 000= .

Yes that person is guilty but I am guilty of false witnessing.
Propaganda a false witness?... but wtf let me drink some tea...

ALL the facts? Oops! I know people like Cyghost and co go mad because a certain group of people cherry pick facts?!

YOU HAVE A SET OF DOUBLE STANDARDS?

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Your example dodo is lying/bearing false witness not propaganda

Propaganda would be more along the lines of someone stealing R1000 from you, but you bringing in his race/upbringing etc to paint him in an incredibly bad light, or neglecting to inform people that he stole R1000 in retaliation for you stealing a painting or something from him.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
I'd say propaganda is more akin to cherry picking the truth that you want from the facts rather than presenting ALL of the facts...
Well, honesty never hurt anybody, and not being completely honest, is being dishonest, and that's not acceptable. If people are to tackle a problem, they need all the facts, honestly and truthfully.

However, propaganda has it's way of getting attention.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I think it is one of those grey areas..

Propaganda in a war scenario is just plain wrong... but using propaganda to promote a cause that will benefit humanity is fine IMO.