How to avoid getting fired over Facebook posts

blaaislaai

Executive Member
1. Limit your posts to your friends only, most people's posts are still set on public.
2. If you have your colleagues on FB, put them on the colleagues list and exclude that list from all your posts.

Impulse_One

I do not have facebook, never post from my IRL name, have multiple alternate accounts and use different proxy for each.

Do I do something wrong?

Pythonista

In my humble opinion, and I realise most people won't like this, but I think FaceBook is only for 2 groups of people, both of them united by the fact that they don't contribute to the economy : 1) People under the age of 20 (ie kids), and 2) People over the age of 65.
The former because this seems to be the only way they can communicate, and the latter because most of their friends and family left the country over the last 30+ years and it's the easiest way to keep in touch.
Anyone trying to earn a living shouldn't be wasting valuable time on FB.

crackersa

Honorary Master
In my humble opinion, and I realise most people won't like this, but I think FaceBook is only for 2 groups of people, both of them united by the fact that they don't contribute to the economy : 1) People under the age of 20 (ie kids), and 2) People over the age of 65.
The former because this seems to be the only way they can communicate, and the latter because most of their friends and family left the country over the last 30+ years and it's the easiest way to keep in touch.

Your assumptions are way off the mark. Facebook has all ages albeit the younger ones are moving more to tender now but it's a great place to get breaking news as I am not always in front of a tv.

Impulse_One

Actually, FB is for 95% of people, who have a boring job and waste time instead of working , because diligence is not rewarded and not going to promote their career in any way, who use FB to brag about their social life (it is only thing they could do about their life, and not necessarily their fault).

I may disagree a bit about kids and elders, the former use more modern means (whatsapp) and latter are tend to use FB to stalk their young and bother them about "When are you going to marry/have kids/etc".

zippy

Honorary Master
If someone is stupid enough to get fired over a Facebook post, it's only a matter of time before they get themselves fired some other stupid reason :)

Aghori

Honorary Master
I don't see why there is an uproar over something like this... did those girls not get pregnant in his school?