How to deal with Ants?

I use this one
b5a7ac1aa814441394a928bba9e975a4.jpg
 
Is anyone winning the war? I’ve used nip-it, the ant bait stations, doom etc.

Hundreds of thousand of dead ants later, they’re still in every room of the house. Go to the bathroom at night and you can hear their exoskeletons crush under your feet.

I thought it was just us, but visiting friends and neighbours you see the ant traps scattered all over.

What is going on? Every morning I have to spend 15 minutes scooping up dead ants.
 
Is anyone winning the war? I’ve used nip-it, the ant bait stations, doom etc.

Hundreds of thousand of dead ants later, they’re still in every room of the house. Go to the bathroom at night and you can hear their exoskeletons crush under your feet.

I thought it was just us, but visiting friends and neighbours you see the ant traps scattered all over.

What is going on? Every morning I have to spend 15 minutes scooping up dead ants.
Get a farmer that can organize you some Chlorpyrifos. Ants was never a problem till they banned that for residential use. If you sprayed those things around your house and in 3 months again, you will have no ants for the next 3 years.
 
I prefer a more natural approach. I collceted 9 praying mantises from the garden and left them inside.

The next morning there were no ants and 2 crying children.
You sound like a fun uncle :ROFL:

Get a farmer that can organize you some Chlorpyrifos. Ants was never a problem till they banned that for residential use. If you sprayed those things around your house and in 3 months again, you will have no ants for the next 3 years.
We are desperate so I’d consider this, but last year I used some other insecticide where I dropped a little bit on to my foot by mistake, it absorbed into my skin and I had stomach cramps and headaches for two weeks. I can understand why it’s regulated. I also have to consider the neighbourhood cats.
 
Is anyone winning the war? I’ve used nip-it, the ant bait stations, doom etc.

Hundreds of thousand of dead ants later, they’re still in every room of the house. Go to the bathroom at night and you can hear their exoskeletons crush under your feet.

I thought it was just us, but visiting friends and neighbours you see the ant traps scattered all over.

What is going on? Every morning I have to spend 15 minutes scooping up dead ants.
If nip-it doesn't work then bayer maxforce will. You may need more than one bottle depending on the size of your property. I have to do it every autumn and spring, but it works for those few months...
 
Get a farmer that can organize you some Chlorpyrifos. Ants was never a problem till they banned that for residential use. If you sprayed those things around your house and in 3 months again, you will have no ants for the next 3 years.
Pyrinex (brand name) = Chlorpirifos and is available in 1liter bottles from the co-op. Anyone can buy it. I use it and slowly fill up the nest through the ants' frontdoor. It is always the last see of them.
 
Pyrinex (brand name) = Chlorpirifos and is available in 1liter bottles from the co-op. Anyone can buy it. I use it and slowly fill up the nest through the ants' frontdoor. It is always the last see of them.
Very potent but the best. Works better if you add some table sugar to the mix. Recommended ratio 10ml per 5liter, maximum 20ml/5L otherwise the buggers avoid it. Also spray don’t pour.
 
You sound like a fun uncle :ROFL:


We are desperate so I’d consider this, but last year I used some other insecticide where I dropped a little bit on to my foot by mistake, it absorbed into my skin and I had stomach cramps and headaches for two weeks. I can understand why it’s regulated. I also have to consider the neighbourhood cats.


Jussus you could have died from that - those pesticides are no joke.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X