How to pick the perfect printer

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
How to pick the perfect printer

Picking the right printer is an important decision, whether you are a large business or an everyday user.

There are various variables to consider - including which features and printing technologies best suit your needs.

system32

Expert Member
Been using the L355/L365 printers for a while.
Recently, the printer went into error mode and wanted me to take it in for a service.
To fix you need to replace the waste ink-pad, very simple, very cheap, and only one screw.
1583599917045.png
Problem is there is no way to reset the waste ink-pad full error code.
It's an internal counter with no relationship to the actual state of the the pad.
Basically a method to extort service fees from customers.
Read all about the Epson extortion here:
https://epson.com/Support/wa00369

Very unhappy. :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dunkyd

Expert Member
Busy changing mine now.......posted my Canon MX394 on OLX and Gumtree today so I can buy the TR4540 as I need wi - fi to be able to print direct from my phone. Good plan ?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The solution is to stop printing as a whole and find ways to make that possible.

There is no such thing as a good printer. They are all garbage.

Tman*

Expert Member
Well my Canon is a piece of kak. They promise X amount of pages per cartridge, I get a tenth of that.

Buying legit cartridges.

Edit: example of how kak it is. I once ran out of a single colour. Took the cartridge out, and the printer no longer worked. No more any printing. Could not even scan until 'n bought a new cartridge. Blackmail scumbag tactics

Jaws677

The solution is to stop printing as a whole and find ways to make that possible.

There is no such thing as a good printer. They are all garbage.
This is mainly for the kids school projects. Colouring in shaped with actual crayons is not the same as doing it on an Ipad

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Do you know if Brother ink tank printers suffers the same fate?
Yes, they do. On top of that, the software also sucks, but at least you don't have to use it to work with most Brother MFCs.

Well my Canon is a piece of kak. They promise X amount of pages per cartridge, I get a tenth of that.

Edit: example of how kak it is. I once ran out of a single colour. Took the cartridge out, and the printer no longer worked. No more any printing. Could not even scan until 'n bought a new cartridge. Blackmail scumbag tactics
Well, Canon and HP both base their page print ratings for 5% coverage. So if you do more than 5% coverage on a page, naturally you will run out of ink faster.

The cartridge problem is spreading to more brands though. Some HP Inkjets will not work if the colour carts are depleted. This is why I recommend ink tanks to people instead, it is far cheaper.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Strange never had any problems with the Kyocera's we had.
It’s just that they are all supremely backwards products that simply haven’t progressed into the modern world.

The very same issues that always existed still do and are simply taken as acceptable.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
No, even the industrial standard most expensive printers you can buy are still garbage.
100%...

Printers are the devil by and large..... even the bloody expensive large scale ones will occasionally just go FY and not work the way you expect them to.