How to view, pay your E-toll bill online

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Sanral has confirmed that creating the usernames and passwords necessary to view and pay your accounts online does not require you to accept their Terms & Conditions for registering an E-toll account.

The article has been updated as follows:

Article update said:
Asked whether registering a username and password for a VPC account constitutes "creating an E-toll account", Sanral said that it does not.

This means that a scary part of Sanral's E-toll website Terms & Conditions does not apply to this account. The section is entitled “By registering, you agree to pay e-toll” which states:

When you register with us and you link a motor vehicle to your e-toll account, you agree to pay all e-toll transactions for that motor vehicle. This applies even if you are not the user when the e-toll transactions take place.

Sanral re-iterated that these Terms & Conditions do not apply in this instance, with a spokesperson providing the following statement:

"The Terms and Conditions, (together with applicable legislation) governs the relationship between Sanral and the registered e-toll account holders, while various legislations e.g. the Sanral Act, Toll Tariff Gazette and Regulations govern the relationship for non-registered users."

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Even if I lived in JHB, still wouldn't do this..

They wouldn't see a cent from me.

wombling

"How to view, pay your E-toll bill online. "
Translation: A fool and his money are soon parted.

cfilorux

Pay your etoll, make a new friend

This is not about accepting payment - they are asking for too many unnecessary details: this is about forming a relationship - a new relationship between you, and that famous tax collecting body, public enemy number 1. Do you want to form a relationship with this organisation? When you give them your details, then you're their BFF. They will be all over you like the overly attached girlfriend. Are you ready for this next level of commitment in your relationship with Sanral?

Last edited:

Tns

Executive Member
1. i wont pay, 2. i will not let my credit card anywhere near that site.

The_MAC

Executive Member
They can make paying for E-Tolls as easy as doing online shopping, or even a guy coming to your door with Pocket-POS, I still won't be paying for this ridiculous 21st Century National scam..

McGuywer

Executive Member
This is not about accepting payment - they are asking for too many unnecessary details: this is about forming a relationship - a new relationship between you, and that famous tax collecting body, public enemy number 1. Do you want to form a relationship with this organisation? When you give them your details, then you're their BFF. They will be all over you like the overly attached girlfriend. Are you ready for this next level of commitment in your relationship with Sanral?

Haha, this is very true!

Shoaybd

My 2 love letters but still no invoice:

Outstanding payment for e-toll VPC Tax Invoice may result in legal action being taken against you. Call 0800 Sanral (726 725)

Your final discount on your e-toll VPC Tax Invoice will expire on 2014/03/30. Call 0800 SANRAL (726 725) to make payment.