How's Tinder these days?

If you're feeling lonely there's still hope....
I have been with my boyfriend (22 M) for over two years now. i first noticed he didn't have good personal hygiene before we even got together, I noticed he smelled sometimes. He is the loveliest guy and has the sweetest heart so I could see past the bad sweat.

After a few months of being together I noticed it was much more, for example, his oral hygiene is awful, he barely brushes his teeth, only when I remind him. He says he does but the plaque and state of his teeth says otherwise (starting to decay at the bottom on a few of them).

Also, this one affects me the most, but he doesn't wipe his butt properly / at all after going to the loo. I tried to forget about it the first couple times and put it to an accident (he used to dirty my sheets when he slept over my house) but then it started to get worse where id have to wash my sheets pretty much every week, which was expensive for me as a student.

I talked to him about this crying and said how it affects me and how he needs to sort it asap. This was 5 months into our relationship when i said this. We are over 2 years now and he still does it. I have had this conversation with him so many times i cant count. He says he will change it and that he is trying. To be honest I have seen some improvement from what it used to be like, but its still happening.

FYI he is a large guy , so i can understand it may be difficult to reach round there, but its been to long. I reckon if he lost some weight it would help. He has been trying to loose weight for the past 8 months, but im not really seeing any change, im assuming because his diet hasn't changed, i've been trying to support him through this too.

Id really appreciate some help with how to get some change. Maybe i'm not saying the right thing? Its like he doesnt care about it enough to stop it, its as though he is comfortable being gross. I dont understand...

TL;DR I have allowed my boyfriends bad hygiene to go mostly unnoticed for two years, from staining the bed with poop, decaying teeth from never brushing, and the worst part is he is reluctant to ever change.
 
I have been with my boyfriend (22 M) for over two years now. i first noticed he didn't have good personal hygiene before we even got together, I noticed he smelled sometimes. He is the loveliest guy and has the sweetest heart so I could see past the bad sweat.

And that was your first mistake. A stinky dude is a stinky dude. Now 2 years later he's still a stinky dude and you're still crying about schit stained sheets

Wait a minute. This isn't Mrs @The_Mowgs? He assured us these issues were in his past!
 
And that was your first mistake. A stinky dude is a stinky dude. Now 2 years later he's still a stinky dude and you're still crying about schit stained sheets

Wait a minute. This isn't Mrs @The_Mowgs? He assured us these issues were in his past!
Please stop bringing this up, it was nobody's fault that poo fell out while making love! You are opening old wounds unnecessarily.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X