HTC One S display

CathJ

Expert Member
I finally got my HTC One S on Friday (yay!), and I must say it's an awesome phone. I know some people think that HTC Sense is a bit heavy, but I really like it.

The display, though, that's another story. Compared to my HTC Desire Z, which is beautifully sharp, I get an oddly uncomfortable feeling in my stomach that I've finally had to admit is worry that I've just signed a 2 year contract for a phone whose display, well, sucks. It is noticeably pixelly (teeny tiny pixels, but there nonetheless) and the whites just aren't as bright white as on my old S-LCD screen. There's also almost a slight ghosting around the edges, particularly on the characters on the keyboard.

I guess it's just an AMOLED/pentile display thing, and the rest of the phone really is excellent, but I feel like in this one respect I've just moved the technology I'm using backwards instead of forwards :(

K

kingrob

I finally got my HTC One S on Friday (yay!), and I must say it's an awesome phone. I know some people think that HTC Sense is a bit heavy, but I really like it.

The display, though, that's another story. Compared to my HTC Desire Z, which is beautifully sharp, I get an oddly uncomfortable feeling in my stomach that I've finally had to admit is worry that I've just signed a 2 year contract for a phone whose display, well, sucks. It is noticeably pixelly (teeny tiny pixels, but there nonetheless) and the whites just aren't as bright white as on my old S-LCD screen. There's also almost a slight ghosting around the edges, particularly on the characters on the keyboard.

I guess it's just an AMOLED/pentile display thing, and the rest of the phone really is excellent, but I feel like in this one respect I've just moved the technology I'm using backwards instead of forwards :(

Sounds like you should have gotten yourself the One X, which is Super LCD 2. HTC is not well-known for their Super Amoled displays.....

If you've had it for less than a week, you can return it?

Nameite

Expert Member
Its the same for the razr...when I saw my friend with the razr, I liked the screen (the black was sooo black, the images looks like you're on a psychadelic)

But after a while...the novelty wears off and even my defy's screen looked better and more refine.

One good thing about the screen is, battery life increases when you use black themes and generally blacked colored apps.

flarkit

Executive Member
I've been playing with my One S since Monday and haven't had any reason to complain :D

But then, I'm still new to the Android experience

h4ck3r8ug5

Where Did u get your HTC One S from? I have asked MTN (they havent heard of it), asked vodacom, nothing.

h4ck3r8ug5

I had to import one from Handtec.co.uk

ok. shot mate.

checking now.
Its wack how the networks in sa get the HTC one X but not the ONE S.
Read an article saying that the One S was "under review after HTC made a change to the firmware" but they dont give any follow ups. lol. ai.